• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mods can we get a handle on these threads???

WarPanthers89

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure seemed like Tepper downplayed it with the intention of moving on from it but fan chants, etc. didn't stop so it still feels downplayed vs. the JR era but it's still there. I think if he could ever field a successful team for a season he'd proudly announce a new slogan to much chagrin but he's not going to kick that hornet nest while we suck.

He definitely did. From people I know that work directly with organization(security), he thought it was campy and played out. A few weeks after I heard that, they tried that weird crap from Wolf of Wall Street with the chest pounding. He definitely feels more connected to that stupid bull as an aggressive hedge fund manager than to Keep Pounding. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Newtcase said:

I wouldn't say I didn't know.  I've certainly followed the Panthers since day one.  I suppose Frank and Dom being there at the beginning just didn't connect for me with Sam and his battle  and "keep pounding" coming long after their departure.  But fair play, they are def connected to Sam.

Dom's association with Sam Mills goes back further than just their time with the Panthers. He knew Mills from his USFL days and had even served as a defensive assistant with the Saints before taking the Steelers DC job that eventually lead to getting the Panthers head coach position.

So yeah, we've definitely got people that understand what it was all about.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

He definitely did. From people I know that work directly with organization(security), he thought it was campy and played out. A few weeks after I heard that, they tried that weird crap from Wolf of Wall Street with the chest pounding. He definitely feels more connected to that stupid bull as an aggressive hedge fund manager than to Keep Pounding. 

I was there at that game. It was one of the cringiest things I've ever seen and the entire crowd was just like WTF?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure seemed like Tepper downplayed it with the intention of moving on from it but fan chants, etc. didn't stop so it still feels downplayed vs. the JR era but it's still there. I think if he could ever field a successful team for a season he'd proudly announce a new slogan to much chagrin but he's not going to kick that hornet nest while we suck.

From what we've seen since, it appears that came from Matt Rhule. He was trying to insert his Brand/Process crap in place of what was already here.

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's not panic. It's recognizing that once again, we're taking steps in the wrong direction. Instead of going after one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL, the direction the NFL is clearly headed, we played it safe and chose Reich. We traded up to acquire the 1st pick and draft a QB that we hope is a unicorn of unicorns, the smallest physically to ever attempt to play the position in the modern NFL. Hurney 2.0, Rhule, Fitts in on every trade, The Process, the hail Mary at the QB position. I swear man it all feels like a bad dream, and as a fan, you get tired of being right so many times about how what this franchise is doing is wrong. 

I hope I'm wrong about BY and Reich, but I don't genuinely think I am. I want to experience what it feels like to be more than a one hit wonder as a lifelong Panthers fan. Under Tepper, I don't know if that will ever happen. He's Jerry Jones level of meddling, without any of the rings or a winning season. 

Waaaayyy too early...

I can't get on board with appealing to the team's history either since we're just starting out with a new braintrust.

Might be more trauma than panic, but either way it's more emotion than logic.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, people have to vent. There's basically two camps. The "this is a dumpster fire" camo and the "this is fine" camp and both think the other camp is unreasonable.

Basically, the Huddle is a poo show right now and it shouldn't be surprising. Fanbases tend to go as their team goes.

Nah people have completely gone off the deep end and it began before the season even started. Everybody knows the team hasn’t looked good through 2 games. That’s one thing. Whining about every.single.thing. because you want to force your perspective and feel validated in your personal off season vendettas is something else entirely. 

It has been 2 fugging games. New coaches. New schemes. Rookie QB. 2 fugging games. Matt fugging Rhule got more leeway. I didn’t want Rhule. I didn’t want Teddy. I thought he should have been fired year 1. I didn’t make 1000 threads about it every single loss and try to bash people over the head with constant negativity and over exaggerated doom mongering.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

Just now, WUnderhill said:

Nah people have completely gone off the deep end and it began before the season even started. Everybody knows the team hasn’t looked good through 2 games. That’s one thing. Whining about every.single.thing. because you want to force your perspective and feel validated in your personal off season vendettas is something else entirely. 

It has been 2 fugging games. New coaches. New schemes. Rookie QB. 2 fugging games. Matt fugging Rhule got more leeway. I didn’t want Rhule. I didn’t want Teddy. I thought he should have been fired year 1. I didn’t make 1000 threads about it every single loss and try to bash people over the head with constant negativity and over exaggerated doom mongering.

People are frustrated. Part of that frustration and going off the deep end is people constantly bitching about some fans watching what they're seeing and not exactly having a rosy outlook on it.

Most of the threads end up falling off with minimal replies.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

7 winning seasons in 27 years hired an "all star staff" in the offseason led by our first offensive minded head coach. Then traded next years first DJ Moore and more to select Bryce Young at #1 despite concerns about his durability for his size and his physical traits and proceeded to hype him up as a shorter version of Peyton Manning. Only to look like poo in the preseason much like any other awful Panthers offense over the years despite people who think they know everything tell others it's only preseason we don't want to give anything away. Then start off 0-2 while Young becomes the lowest ranked QB in the league according to PFF and our offense looks as bad as it has in at least a decade. Now Bryce Young has an abrupt ankle injury that will apparently likely keep him out of just his third possible start as a pro. Did I miss anything? And you expect any fanbase let alone one such as ours that has seen so much losing and terrible circumstances to be sunshine and rainbows with this scenario?

Yeah Right Reaction GIF by Bounce

If a product or vendor disappointed me at a fraction of the level that folks here are pushing forth Id quit doing business with them.  Id just walk away and if the day comes for me that its the Panthers I sure as hell wont stop by here to call Tepper ugly names on my way out.

6 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

If a product or vendor disappointed me at a fraction of the level that folks here are pushing forth Id quit doing business with them.  Id just walk away and if the day comes for me that its the Panthers I sure as hell wont stop by here to call Tepper ugly names on my way out.

If there was another option for an NFL team in the Carolinas, you might have already seen a lot of people gone. 

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If there was another option for an NFL team in the Carolinas, you might have already seen a lot of people gone. 

I'd need something more than just performance to stop cheering for the Panthers. The effort to go after Deshaun Watson was a nudge in that direction.

Giving up on The Huddle is another story 😄

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If the only Dim Sum restaurant in town was as bad to me as people act like the Panthers are to them Id learn to live without dumplings.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's also a "we don't know what this is yet" camp.

(that's where my membership is)

I referenced a literary character by the name of Cottard in another thread. It's pretty clear to me we've got a few of those here.

There is also the 4th camp that I fall into

I'm certainly not in the "this is fine" camp and I'm not in the "we don't know what this is yet" camp either.  I wouldn't consider myself in the "this is a dumpster fire" camp either, because I expected struggles this year.

I'm in the "depressed that my pre-draft fears are coming true and the trade was a terrible value for the risk but know Bryce can still always turn it around" camp.

I still see potential in Bryce, you'd have to be blind/dumb not to, but my initial fears of him just not being big/strong enough to be elite in this league have come back with a vengance.  You can't trade what we gave up to get him and he not be an elite QB, even a pretty good one isn't worth what we gave up.

Again, we traded CMC, Moore, two 1sts, and one 2nd for Bryce, DJ Johnson, and a 5th.  Until/unless Bryce leads us to a SB (or at least perennial contenders with him being the reason why) then I'll never be okay with the value we gave up for the risk on Bryce.  And right now, with how the season started, it just has me frustrated, maybe with myself, because I let all the Bryce hype/talk push my initial concerns with him out of my mind for a few months only for them to come flooding back really quickly.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, people have to vent. There's basically two camps. The "this is a dumpster fire" camo and the "this is fine" camp and both think the other camp is unreasonable.

Basically, the Huddle is a poo show right now and it shouldn't be surprising. Fanbases tend to go as their team goes.

I frequented an Oakland A’s forum for years. During the run the team had around 2012 it was a very fun place to be. Fast forward to today and it’s an absolute shitshow. The fans go as the team goes. 

• Beer 1