• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers expect Bryce Young to miss 1-2 games (Athletic)

Samppson

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You climbed others' asses about how it was the offensive line, and how it would take more than two weeks for a fourth-year veteran to show what he could do.

And yet, a first-year rookie doesn't even get two weeks now. Nothing's changed except your amount of patience, and no "but McCaffrey" insult can change that.

Idk man I think you're doing the same thing with me you were doing with Varking in a recent thread and you were mistaken there too. You're chasing shadows.

Hey I hope you're having a great Friday though!

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Watching JT's newest video once again proves Bryce's receivers had little to no separation all night. Now, the 8-10 people who camp out in every Bryce thread will conveniently ignore that and instead highlight a third-down sack or a missed throw, (the sack, especially, is fair game) but the full picture from JT's video is that Bryce's mechanics are fine, his decision-making doesn't deserve 1/10 of the vitriol it gets on here, and the biggest issue regarding his lack of success isn't being shorter than most QBs.

It's the subpar playcalling, the route concepts, and the non-existent separation. Stroud would not fare much better, if at all, with the tools available here.

Stroud and Richardson coming in were better equipped to deal with a bad situation.  Carolina's horrific play calling and weak skill talent.....makes this a bad situation for a rookie QB.  For Bryce's skillset to shine, it requires additional things to also be functional (and those aren't in Carolina right now). 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well that's an opinion.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Maybe I should have clarified lol

With the coaching staff we had, it was a god awful trade, because they clearly were NOT the right ones to fix him.

But for a QB needy team like we were at the time, with players like CMC and Moore, I don't think giving up a 2nd round pick for someone who has the physical tools that Darnold has is a bad trade, in a vacuum.  With the proper coaching, I think that would have been a really good offensive squad.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

With the coaching staff we had, it was a god awful trade, because they clearly were NOT the right ones to fix him.

But for a QB needy team like we were at the time, with players like CMC and Moore, I don't think giving up a 2nd round pick for someone who has the physical tools that Darnold has is a bad trade, in a vacuum.  With the proper coaching, I think that would have been a really good offensive squad.

I agree Sam has the physical tools. Idk if even Shanahan can save him though. Eventually he will do what Sam does and force a baffling throw. I still can picture that dart into triple coverage against the Giants.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I don’t think trading for Darnold was bad either; it’s giving a talented guy another shot under the belief he got a raw deal in NY. It was a gamble, and I don’t mind taking a chance  

But based on what he had done in the league, we paid too much, and that was apparent from the jump. And it was more than a 2nd rounder. Wasn’t it a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th? Something like that. 

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I agree Sam has the physical tools. Idk if even Shanahan can save him though. Eventually he will do what Sam does and force a baffling throw. I still can picture that dart into triple coverage against the Giants.

I don't know if Shanahan can fix him either at this point, it will be tougher to do after another bad coaching stint the Darnold had here.

But I think if Darnold went to someone like Shanahan right after the Jets, we'd be talking about him as at worst an above average starter, if not better.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Stroud and Richardson coming in were better equipped to deal with a bad situation.  Carolina's horrific play calling and weak skill talent.....makes this a bad situation for a rookie QB.  For Bryce's skillset to shine, it requires additional things to also be functional (and those aren't in Carolina right now). 

Which is funny because the premise for drafting was the fact that he did more with less compared to Stroud. Stroud was knocked for having too much, now its shifted in the league.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I don't know if Shanahan can fix him either at this point, it will be tougher to do after another bad coaching stint the Darnold had here.

But I think if Darnold went to someone like Shanahan right after the Jets, we'd be talking about him as at worst an above average starter, if not better.

With what he's managed to do with Jimmy G and now Purdy anything is possible I suppose. Must be nice eh.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

With what he's managed to do with Jimmy G and now Purdy anything is possible I suppose. Must be nice eh.

Its almost if we should have gone after a OC that has worked with and molded 2 NFL pro bowl qbs, its a damn shame a bad zoom interview dropped him.  Actually its moronic and even a poo owner like Irsay knows when to pull the trigger

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its almost if we should have gone after a OC that has worked with and molded 2 NFL pro bowl qbs, its a damn shame a bad zoom interview dropped him.  Actually its moronic and even a poo owner like Irsay knows when to pull the trigger

How can anyone expect to have a knock your socks off interview for the most important hire of your franchise through zoom? I think it's because we were impatient that was just an excuse. All we had to do was wait until the Super Bowl was over. Just foolishness.