• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers expect Bryce Young to miss 1-2 games (Athletic)

Samppson

13 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He finished the game, did his press conference, all without a limp, didn't report the injury until Monday and now they're  talking TWO games?

and they are so concerned about it and him getting it healed.....they have him logging miles on the injured foot the past 2 days.  Because that makes total sense.  When you got a bad ankle injury the doctor always says nah, you don't need rest you need to go log a bunch of miles on that and stand on it.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

and they are so concerned about it and him getting it healed.....they have him logging miles on the injured foot the past 2 days.  Because that makes total sense.  When you got a bad ankle injury the doctor always says nah, you don't need rest you need to go log a bunch of miles on that and stand on it.  

Interesting times we are in CRA.

23 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He finished the game, did his press conference, all without a limp, didn't report the injury until Monday and now they're  talking TWO games?

Brady Christenson tore his biceps and finished the game in Atlanta then immediately went on IR the following day.

It happens, but don’t let that stop you.

• Pie 5

I’m all for some hot takes but they need to have some form of logic. This guy poundaway is just out here devoid of any sensible logic. Bryce should have reported the injury sooner!!1!1!1!1! Before the game!1!1!1! Like when did you expect a Monday injury to be reported? Frank said he received treatment that night.

The notion of it not being super serious and a convenient time to give him the week off I can get behind, but not just random outbursts.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1

The crowd saying if Dalton looks better you "can't" bring in BY are just flat out wrong. Coaching staffs cant say it, but when you draft a rookie QB, wins and losses in years 1/2 are not the priority. Developing them and getting them live in-game reps are, so you aren't going to waste a year of development just because the 15 year vet looks better at this current moment. 

Just now, Samppson said:

The crowd saying if Dalton looks better you "can't" bring in BY are just flat out wrong. Coaching staffs cant say it, but when you draft a rookie QB, wins and losses in years 1/2 are not the priority. Developing them and getting them live in-game reps are, so you aren't going to waste a year of development just because the 15 year vet looks better at this current moment. 

Yeah I mean there is a very solid argument that Dalton looking substantially better than BY would be more of an indictment on Reich and his band of “qb gurus” than anything.

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Yeah I mean there is a very solid argument that Dalton looking substantially better than BY would be more of an indictment on Reich and his band of “qb gurus” than anything.

Yeah, I think the Vikings at home will be when he plays again, 1 week off, then return against what looks to be a very soft defense. I actually expect Dalton to look pretty decent this week, I think TB/NO actually both have really solid defenses.

44 minutes ago, Samppson said:

Some online conspiracy theorists have suggested the Panthers are using the ankle issue as a way to give Young a reset after just two games. The Panthers (0-2) are about to make a cross-country flight during a short week to play in one of the NFL’s toughest environments, and it’s not as if the offense has been rolling under Young.

Nicholas Cage High Praise GIF - NicholasCage HighPraise Praise ...

We all thank Joe for the shout out.  Now, we just have to patiently wait for the Hale-Bopp comet to come back around and then Joe will have to do a retraction on that verbiage. 

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I’m all for some hot takes but they need to have some form of logic. This guy poundaway is just out here devoid of any sensible logic. Bryce should have reported the injury sooner!!1!1!1!1! Before the game!1!1!1! Like when did you expect a Monday injury to be reported? Frank said he received treatment that night.

The notion of it not being super serious and a convenient time to give him the week off I can get behind, but not just random outbursts.

yeah, I'm sure he tweaked it.  I'm sure he is having a rough time in general.  I actually think giving him a restart is just a smart idea.  Even if 100% healthy.  

and frankly, I think a Bryce restart is more a Panther O/Frank restart.  They need to figure out something that works with this skill talent.  You aren't going to develop Bryce if nothing around him changes.   They need to tweak their scheme and figure out how to actually get people open.   How to alter defenses.  Bryce doesn't look to be a problem.  But they clearly got O problems unrelated to the rookie. 

• Pie 3