• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Monday Press Conferences

therealmjl

26 minutes ago, travisura said:

Can you imagine the state of this place if we planned on rolling into the season with Dalton as our main starter? We had 3 straight seasons of "no retread QB" discourse, but now they're acting like that's what they would've preferred.

Yeah we had to take a gamble and I'm happy we did.  Not happy with the results thus far (or) how this HC is working out, it's looking bleak, but we had to shoot our shot at some point. 

I mean, and in the absolute worst case, if Bryce completely implodes and gets blown into the quantum realm, it's not like we can't take a QB in R2 next year at 33 right? lol

• Pie 2

Frank on any question about Bryce. 

No clue.  No idea.   I don't know anything.  I said ankle though.  And that's it.  Just ankle.  Is it better? No idea.  Trending in the right direction to practice this week? I'm not the guy for that type stuff.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

No clue.  No idea.   I don't know anything.  I said ankle though.  And that's it.  Just ankle.  Is it better? No idea.  Trending in the right direction to practice this week? I'm not the guy for that type stuff.  

So weird

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

In his head:

"I'm nervous"

"Please stop asking"

"That coffee is going through me"

"Not this guy again"

"Why is his last name Person?"

"Please leave me alone"

"Why does my foot hurt?"

"David Newton has mustard on his shirt"

"I hope nobody seen my coloring book during the meeting"

"I need to get milk on the way home"

"Milk has really gone up"

"God, stop asking about Bryce"

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have a feeling that Bryce's ankle evaluation might continue for as long as Dalton plays considerably better than he did in his first two games.

I think to be honest it was a no brainer to sit Young for the seattle game with an injured ankle knowing you are about to play on the worst turf in the NFL in rainy conditions.  We lost 4 players to injury on that turf Sunday.  Didnt need Young to make the ankle worse.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

what's crazy is that there's a lot of things you can still do during practice even with a sprained ankle such as non contact throwing drills, etc.

the fact that BY is completely held out of practice and limited to mental reps is wild

1 hour ago, travisura said:

Can you imagine the state of this place if we planned on rolling into the season with Dalton as our main starter? We had 3 straight seasons of "no retread QB" discourse, but now they're acting like that's what they would've preferred.

I can only speak for myself, and the situation you describe would piss me off for sure, but peak pain only happens after a period of hope.

We finished last year strong, allegedly improved our coaching staff, and drafted a #1 overall QB goldenboy…

…and now this. 

It’s crushing, and has me actually contemplating future fandom. 

I feel like I’m only rooting for colors I like and “carolina” being in the name right now. 

My Dad not having a “favorite team” and just electing to watch good football for fun…well it’s making a lot of sense after these past 5 seasons. 

1 hour ago, travisura said:

It's revisionist history at its finest though...  there were a lot of us, myself included, who preferred to sign Carr or a Dalton and play this season out and then take a swing at QB in this coming draft, not the one we just traded our top WR and multiple picks to move up for Bryce in.  You can call Carr or Dalton retreads, but we would've been so much better off taking that approach, and I felt that way even before we saw how the season has played out...  now it just hurts that much more seeing that it looks like the worst case scenario and that we gave up everything we did, with the brass fully believing this plan would get us back on the right track, and whether it's the coach being the wrong hire or Bryce not being a franchise QB, or both, we still have a very, very long road ahead of us at a huge cost.

15 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

what's crazy is that there's a lot of things you can still do during practice even with a sprained ankle such as non contact throwing drills, etc.

the fact that BY is completely held out of practice and limited to mental reps is wild

Careful there.  That's apparently a "conspiracy theory" according to some here lol.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Careful there.  That's apparently a "conspiracy theory" according to some here lol.

maybe if they wanted Bryce to trend toward pracitcing.....you don't have him take a cross country trip to hoof it all over the country.  Or hoof it all over Charlotte every day since his injury was announced.   That's just me.  A dude with bad feet.   

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

It's not really wild or crazy when they're obviously and clearly seeing (along w/ the rest of us) that he's not ready.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

maybe if they wanted Bryce to trend toward pracitcing.....you don't have him take a cross country trip to hoof it all over the country.  Or hoof it all over Charlotte every day since his injury was announced.   That's just me.  A dude with bad feet.   

As I said, as a former athlete that played basketball through college - if I ever rolled my ankle, I either could go or I couldn't.  There wasn't an ankle sprain that I could walk on without a limp that I wouldn't have played through.  If it inhibited my ability to walk with a normal gait, then I couldn't play.  Bryce is moving fine.  This is a real mess.