• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings pass defense

NAS

5 minutes ago, ickmule said:

He can’t. He can’t make the same throws. Dalton has an NFL level arm. Bryce does not. 

Where does this nonsense about Bryce's arm come from? He's got PLENTY of arm strength. Is he Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes? No. But neither is anyone else! Arm strength is not a limitation on Bryce's game.

I swear some of y'all are acting downright ignorant about him.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Where does this nonsense about Bryce's arm come from? He's got PLENTY of arm strength. Is he Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes? No. But neither is anyone else! Arm strength is not a limitation on Bryce's game.

Consider the source

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Mage said:

Probably because he actually did get hurt and a lot of ya'll are acting like conspiracy theorists.

I can't believe that some of you are convincing yourselves that the Panthers think it is in their benefit for their 1st overall pick to not practice.  

It's completely useless to try to convince some of these people.  We saw a DL land directly on our QBs ankle.  He had a limp walking on the field with McCown at practice.  Reich said he is going to do whatever the doctors say.  Corbert said this team will do whatever the doctors say when it comes to playing through injuries and even referenced Young in that comment.  It's one to two weeks and they have mentioned playing him through injuries won't help his development.  "They are saying 1-2 weeks.  When he gets CLEARED he will be out starter again."  They aren't speaking in some code here...

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

I believe they’re 30th in the league against the pass. This has to be the game that Bryce plays and rebuilds some confidence.  I am not buying the injury bs and how the media doesn’t question it is just embarrassing 

He’s definitely hurt, but he would have played if it wasn’t the 3rd game of his career. No need to rush it. 

• Pie 3

Two 0-3 teams going into this game. One will walk out with a done season in front of them, all hope lost. The other gets to limp away and stay in the fight, bruised, bloodied and staggering but alive.

If we don't win this game, at home, then it's going to tell a whole lot about what we have ahead of us, maybe even beyond this year.

And that Minnesota offense is for real. Our DBs are broken and our defensive stars are completely spent by the third quarter. 

We're going to need Brian Burns to do more than make a first quarter highlight reel play and then spend the rest of the game trying not to get hurt and ruin his trade potential. I wish I could be nicer about it, but sometimes you've just got to call them like you see them.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

Reich when asked about the injury specifics

"..it's in the ankle area".  

My dog ate my homework sounds more convincing.  

It’s a sprained ankle? What else can he say. He said he is getting better everyday and will be the starter again ONCE CLEARED. Hmmm I wonder what that means???

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s a sprained ankle? What else can he say. He said he is getting better everyday and will be the starter again ONCE CLEARED. Hmmm I wonder what that means???

Sprained ankles have specific diagnoses, grade level, recovery plans, etc.  Did you hear any details like that? 

4 hours ago, NAS said:

I believe they’re 30th in the league against the pass. This has to be the game that Bryce plays and rebuilds some confidence.  I am not buying the injury bs and how the media doesn’t question it is just embarrassing 

They aren't questioning it because they are the ones who hyped him up.  Lol

Bryce was always gonna be this "do the unthinkable" type story from the start which generates interest. The media feeds off it, no way they just toss him aside now.

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Listening to some people here you'd think Bryce Young would have gone undrafted if it wasn't for Nicole Tepper.  Soon enough we'll have people asking how we could have spent that much draft capital on somebody who's clearly never played football in his life.

He doesn't have elite arm strength but he's not like, Tony Pike or something.  He can make NFL throws into NFL windows but he's not going to hit somebody in a one foot window on an off platform throw 60 yards downfield.  That's Aaron Rodgers poo.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 6

Just now, NAS said:

Sprained ankles have specific diagnoses, grade level, recovery plans, etc.  Did you hear any details like that? 

1-2 weeks. Sounds very mild. We are going to do whatever the doctors say. He is just deferring to them which is the right call. Carr is week to week with an AC joint sprain. What grade level? They didn’t say, but week to week means mild or he would go to IR. You guys are digging too hard at this.

3 hours ago, Mage said:

Probably because he actually did get hurt and a lot of ya'll are acting like conspiracy theorists.

I can't believe that some of you are convincing yourselves that the Panthers think it is in their benefit for their 1st overall pick to not practice.  

I agree with you that he got hurt.  The video of him getting his ankle rolled was proof.

3 hours ago, Mage said:

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Yes.  He hurt his ankle. 

Same ankle that has him walking perfectly fine, every single day, all over the place and country ….to shadow Andy Dalton. 

what the status of the ankle? Frank can’t tell you about the injury itself.  Never has. Any aspect.  Or if it is any better today than the day he hurt it.  Trending in a direction to at least practice soon? Why would he know about that.  

But let’s ignore all that, because that’s all totally normal 

Conspiracy theory at this point.  Is saying his ankle is why he isn’t out there doing the job he previously was. 

Right on cue lol.  The Panthers said he'd be out 1-2 weeks.  Reich said he'd have an update tomorrow, so if he comes out and is cryptic and vague about it then we can circle back to this discussion. 

"Walking perfectly fine"...did you think he'd be in a wheelchair or crutches for a minor lower ankle sprain?  There's a difference in the level of mobility you need between "walking" vs. "running for your life from a collapsing pocket".  You're acting like we don't see injured players dressed in normal clothes standing on the sideline on every single team during every single game.  There's an insane number of hamstring injuries this year...are you willing to bet we won't see any of those guys on the sidelines walking around normally?  Next you're gonna say Brady Christensen's bicep tear was fake because you swear you saw him in downtown Charlotte picking up a dollar that he dropped.  It's clear that the level of function you need from a muscle, joint, etc. in doing day-to-day stuff (like walking) is much less demanding than what you need to play an intense physical contact sport like professional football.

It's evident that there's a 1:1 correlation between people who spam the term "clown show" 10+ times a day on this board to describe this organization, and people who think the team has made up a fake injury for Young to have an excuse to sit him.  Obviously if you're viewing every FO decision through a lens of mistrust and skepticism, then you're going to forego the simplest explanation that is right in front of you (see: Occam's Razor) and rationalize an alternative explanation that implies nefariousness and incompetence.  I'm not even saying the FO isn't incompetent...just that there's a huge leap between "incompetent" and "shady".  The latter implies the intent to deceive the public, and I don't know that I've seen any evidence that Reich and co. are that type.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 2