• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even more pressure numbers (not for the weak stomach)

ncfan

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and if we are dropping a rookie QB (especially one on the smaller size) behind our OL we should probably play to that OL's strengths for a while until our QB gets comfortable.  

You really can't change blocking schemes on a whim though.  Though I get what you're saying.  I just see generic zone concepts and we're not stretching outside or using any sort of misdirect. It's just a super watered-down Reich offense.  I see no horizontal stretching or misdirect going on.  It's all vanilla and the rare vertical, with no WRs to fit the bill minus Chark.  

From a pass-protection end, it's downright bad right now, scheme regardless.  We've got no guards left.  Corbett was a huge factor on this OL.  Overall, Icky was projected as a strong fit for gap or zone coming out.  Scheme versatile, athletic for LT but also a road grader.  Bozeman and Corbett are strong in zone.  

The scheme isn't an issue for me, it's the adjustments within the playbook, and possibly the playbook they put together.  We need to get the ball out and quickly, space a defense out.  It's historically in Reich's arsenal but it's just not happening.  We don't have the personnel and aren't calling a good offensive gameplan.      

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

To be fair, Corbett and Bozeman have a solid track record in zone so it's reasonable to think they thought it would be fine, especially with Icky being young and a scheme versatile type.  

Not to mention, stretch zone is kind of where we should go in today's NFL.  Problem is, well Corbett is out, and we're not calling a lot of outside zone stuff.  Very general concepts, more runs inside with a scheme that should present a ton of plays that stretch a defense horizontally and vertically at the same time.

No speed to stretch vertically, no play calls to stretch horizontally = this

It's all very counterintuitive.  

This is the most unbiased post in this thread. 

6 minutes ago, countryboi said:

I feel like this “31st pass defense in the NFL“ talk needs an asterisk. Like dude, it’s week 3, That’s one game.  

True

but 8 QB hits the first 2 weeks combined against teams that include the Rams who have a bad OL

Compared to 11 QB Hits this week alone against us doesn’t need a asterisk 

Edited by ncfan

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

@Bear Handsis a great poster.  He is always nonbiased and logical in his responses.  Brings good data and info to back it up as well.  I always enjoy reading what he has to say.

Thanks dude, I try to supply what I can...and try not to get too bent out of shape.  Tough way to start the year so really hope we can turn this around with Bryce against Minny.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

So now that reality is starting to set in. 

We have a very bad offensive line, Bozeman will help, but he isn’t going to fix it. We have no legitimate weapons on offense. Our secondary is a perpetual question mark, no contract update on Burns who disappears for long periods of times anyways. 

Scott Fitt said he wanted a roster “we could just drop a QB into” and hinted we had that throughout the off-season, at minimum, suggested we were close to that. 

We have our rookie QB, with a shitty offensive line, zero weapons, an overpaid and overrated rb, a defense that has obvious holes and looks to be declining, and a hc that has a fundamentally inept offensive scheme. 

We are not close to competing.

fire Scott. This is honestly an atrocity. 

And our options for improvement are severely limited now.

53 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

He threw the ball 342 times; he should be piling up yards. That doesn't equate to any kind of efficiency on offense. And it's not going to until we can get more than 1.5 YPC on the ground.

The Huddle loves non-Bryce QBs who put up big yards in garbage time when losing by 3+ scores.

Can't wait to see the "Bryce is ROY" threads when he puts up those yards down big to Miami. Jk, it'll be "Bryce sucks, Prevent defense, doesn't count"

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2