• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which " NFL Team" would you want your next GM groomed from?!

TheBigKat

If we don't make the playoffs this year (try not to laugh) then I suspect Fitterer is on the outside looking in when it comes to next year. While I was optimistic on him when we signed him, his draft whiffs have set the team back.

When you look around the league and understand the Charlotte market size, what's your ideal franchise for us to model?

In the JR days, we tried the Steeler way, that was meh

Then we get Fitterer who comes from the John Schneider way of doing things in SEA, I understand his love for Horn as he wanted to recreate a legion of boom in the Carolinas, so far looks like a legion of gloom

For me, it is the Ravens, that is the model franchise I would like to build off of. Stable ownership who is out of the news briefings and a solid GM in Eric Decosta who came after a legend in Ozzie Newsome. The Ravens have a .561 win percentage in comparison to Carolina at .472. They aren't BIG in Free Agency but do a great job building their roster

Edited by TheBigKat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Scott Crab Fritters is a dead man walking. He needs to be whacked for trading that first round next year and passing on two UNC QBs. 

I have no idea what team to grab from but it certainly looks like nfl personnel people are just like coaches, there’s wayyy more bad ones than good ones. 

team is a joke 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I have no idea who would be good but I do know that Tepper hires trash.

He needs someone to run the front office and then let that person get a GM. The house he built is infested with more of the same he would be getting rid of and you can throw SS out with SF to begin the cleaning. 

• Flames 1

Just now, ncfan said:

Philly or SF

there's only one Howie Roseman and he was on the verge of being fired long ago, not sure his style would translate well here

SF on the other hand, is that John Lynch or Kyle Shanahan. Their defense is masking how badly they blundered the Trey Lance trade

• Pie 1

Sustained success is a massive green flag, I would look at the Chiefs, Eagles, and even the Dolphins. All three in recent years have been killing it in the draft, fug wasting money on overpriced free agents. Let's build our team back up through the draft, tired of us wasting 3rd round picks like their worth nothing. Getting really cheap effective young talent can turn around a Franchise like nothing else.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, shaq said:

Sustained success is a massive green flag, I would look at the Chiefs, Eagles, and even the Dolphins. All three in recent years have been killing it in the draft, fug wasting money on overpriced free agents. Let's build our team back up through the draft, tired of us wasting 3rd round picks like their worth nothing. Getting really cheap effective young talent can turn around a Franchise like nothing else.

Chubb, Hill, Ramsey, Armstead are not exactly home grown talents…. They hit on McDaniel and he was their backup candidate as they wanted Tom Brady and Sean Payton

14 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

We have him on staff.  Dan Morgan from the Bills.  Honestly, our issue is that the GM and HC are not in full lockstep.  We need a package deal so both the GM and HC know what they are really looking for in a player.

Morgan, if competent in a GM role, is about as perfect a fit/story as you can get. We loved him as a player, and how cool if he was integral in building consistent success from the front office. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

Morgan, if competent in a GM role, is about as perfect a fit/story as you can get. We loved him as a player, and how cool if he was integral in building consistent success from the front office. 

Agreed

he knows football and has been around it his whole life. Father was Dan Marino’s bodyguard

I'll continue to pound this drum: It doesn't matter as long as Tepper is CEO. 

He needs to hire a CEO/President who oversees the entire operation; a leader; a visionary; a FOOTBALL man. That person who then put together the plan and HE would hire the GM and then he and the GM would hire the coach.

First step, find a Bill Polian type to be your consultant to identify this Leader/Visionary. That person IS out there. You just need someone to help you find him. And when you find him, you make him an offer he can't refuse.

First name I have is: John Lynch, 49ers. Hire him as President/CEO. 

Edited by Hogan
  • Beer 1

Tepper has to be willing to step aside and let a consultant navigate the process and find the best candidate regardless of how well the hire and Tepper get along. This is a business not a bromance.

I do find Dan Morgan in the role to be intriguing but I feel that would be another situation where Tepper would be looming and still trying to steer things his own way because it would be Dan's first time in the gig.

Edited by frankw