• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton on Bryce

CRA

4 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Incredible watch. Highly recommend everyone take the time to see it.

Cam's very critical of David Tepper and his tenure - as he should honestly. He noted that any connectivity and veteran input was cut off once he came into the building, and seemed to believe that perhaps the owner was quite the meddlesome fellow and not as appreciative of locker room connectivity and veteran input.

Partly makes sense why Luke Kuechly said nope and retired, and a lot of veterans seemed to distance themselves. Sadly, Tepper has absolutely ruined the culture that the Panthers had and tried putting in his own stuff, with Rhule being a propagator of such.

Curious if Reich can right the course and whether Tepper has learned his lesson. So far, seems the dysfunction is continuing and it's disheartening to say the least.

Yeah hard to see tepper hiring anyone that will challenge him

12 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Cam's very critical of David Tepper and his tenure - as he should honestly. He noted that any connectivity and veteran input was cut off once he came into the building, and seemed to believe that perhaps the owner was quite the meddlesome fellow and not as appreciative of locker room connectivity and veteran input.

Partly makes sense why Luke Kuechly said nope and retired, and a lot of veterans seemed to distance themselves. Sadly, Tepper has absolutely ruined the culture that the Panthers had and tried putting in his own stuff, with Rhule being a propagator of such.

Curious if Reich can right the course and whether Tepper has learned his lesson. So far, seems the dysfunction is continuing and it's disheartening to say the least.

Good post.

I knew something changed once he took over. It seemed like Cam/Luke/Olsen/TD all left shortly after his arrival.

Tepper is the problem always has been. My hope is he finally gets that he sucks at running a team and sells the franchise to a owner who knows how to run a franchise.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Cam Lawter said:

I would hate Tepper. Imagine cutting the former MVP and then paying Darnold and Bridgewater 20 million a year. Just mind bogglingly stupid.

In the full interview Cam actually seems to like aspects of Dave.  Just doesn’t think he understands the NFL and what it really takes to put a team together.   Good dude/intent but bad owner vibes.  

Gettlemen once again the consistent guy that everyone seems to dislike.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I don’t think Cam

threw Tepper under the bus!  He basically said he was a Rookie owner, too, & was learning! Cam also said that Mr Richardson got input from the players but Tepper didn’t do it! It made their team better by them consulting the Quarterback & other players!  

I’m so glad Cam supported Bryce! I felt sorry for him, even in Preseason! 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cam still salty about tie gate. Also he don't seem to like tepper

Who LIKES David Tepper? Even his wife has gotta be in it mostly for the money. The fact she has ANY input in the decisions of the team makes me think dude is a hardcore cuck.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Those are some wild conclusions to have leapt to. Cam was clear that Gettleman didn't seek player input and that he likes what Tepper has done. Also acknowledges that Tepper had to learn how to be a team owner.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Who LIKES David Tepper? Even his wife has gotta be in it mostly for the money. The fact she has ANY input in the decisions of the team makes me think dude is a hardcore cuck.

I miss JR big time. Too bad he was creeping too hard.

I remember people calling this team a "Mom and Pop" operation with JR when it's literally David and Nicole running this thing into the ground. JR knew to stay out of things for the most part. 

Also, it doesn't feel right having a Northerner for an owner. This is isn't the same Panthers that I originally became a fan of

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I miss JR big time. Too bad he was creeping too hard.

I remember people calling this team a "Mom and Pop" operation with JR when it's literally David and Nicole running this thing into the ground. JR knew to stay out of things for the most part. 

Also, it doesn't feel right having a Northerner for an owner. This is isn't the same Panthers that I originally became a fan of

in a fairness, almost all NFL teams are run like Mom and Pop operations.   There is no board to keep happy. 

15 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’m still filthy on Kelvin Benjamin and TJ Watt 

You guys have got to get off blaming KB. The CB was so obviously down. There was a ref 5 feet away and the play should have been whistled dead. They changed the rules on blind side blocks because of plays like interception returns (remember TD getting suspended for his hit on Adams). I know refs never protected Cam but it was plays like this that make you wonder if say Brady having the possibility of getting hit would make whistle happen.

KB stopped because he knew he had touched the CB. He was pissed about the interception but it was inexcusable that the ref with that view didn’t blow it dead right there. It was reviewed and overturned immediately because it wasn’t even questionable. Erring on player safety never seemed a priority with Can playing. Blame the ref, not KB even if you despised KB.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

crazy to think cam only lasted in the league for 9 years.... great times but man it went by too quick! I still think he could play a taysom hill roll if he wanted.

100% this would have been a pathway to more contracts, but he had no interest in that it seems. The guy would have remained a great weapon for short-yardage and goal line scenarios.