• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Must win game

NAS

6 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Maye has been real meh without Josh Downs. 

The Pac-12 has been the spot to watch QBs.  Caleb, Nix, Ward, Penix, Sanders.  It's been fun. 

Drake Maye is having a very underwhelming season thus far.  That UNC team isn't doing him favors but he's just not as commanding moving that offense as I thought he'd be (braces for UNC fans)

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

The Pac-12 has been the spot to watch QBs.  Caleb, Nix, Ward, Penix, Sanders.  It's been fun. 

Drake Maye is having a very underwhelming season thus far.  That UNC team isn't doing him favors but he's just not as commanding moving that offense as I thought he'd be (braces for UNC fans)

And Bo is older than Bryce. Not sure what to make of him. 

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

And Bo is older than Bryce. Not sure what to make of him. 

Bo, I don't know.  He's improved a lot, has a lot to like.  

The growing reality is a lot of rookies are going to be older with just how things like NIL and college life seem to be evolving these days.  See -- Hooker, Levis, Nix, Rattler, Travis, Penix, etc.  All 23+ coming out.  I almost expect some adjustments are being made on the scouting side to put a little less emphasis in the age department.  Unless there's some super promising 20-21 y'o Junior coming out (like Caleb) that become the obvious exceptions in a top tier.  

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea, we lose this game I don’t see any kind of recovery for a respectable season possible. Not making the playoffs or anything was an understandable expectation. 0-6, likely to turn into a 2-4 win season would be a big disappointment. 

A respectable season went out the window last week. We're almost certainly starting 0-6, with the majority of a roster that finished 7-9 last year.

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

A respectable season went out the window last week. We're almost certainly starting 0-6, with the majority of a roster that finished 7-9 last year.

Eh, not really. We don’t have our guards, starting WR, RBs are different, instability at QB, new system means old roster is learning new schemes which means you can’t compare directly to last year. Plenty has changed and it’ll take time for it to settle in. 

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

We don’t know what the inverse of the situation would have been. We could have signed Derek Carr, Jimmy G, or minshew and never made the trade. Then ended up finishing around 7-10 - 11-6 …. Then picking in the middle of the first next year. 

then how are we feeling? Delaying the inevitable at that point.

we can create as many universes as we want … but stressing about what pick the bears get completely dismisses the purpose of the deal. 

Well sadly in this universe we traded 5 premium players to pick young and somehow get worse as a franchise.

The Houston, Indy and Chicago games are the ones that will be super telling/could result in some major shade being thrown if we don't start pulling out Ws.  Those are the teams in our tier going into the season.

2 of them being in the same boat - New coach, new QB, major makeovers throughout.  The other team being in absolute disarray after we gave them our top offensive weapon and draft pick in 2024.  

That stretch will be telling.

This Vikings game -- we at minimum need to see a competent offense with Bryce on the field.  No ifs ands or buts about it.   

20 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

there are jokers in this thread saying oh giving the bears a top 5 pick isnt too bad cause we will have a top 5 second round pick... fuging losers lmao.

Sadly this is how they think now.

Im not part of that crowd. I will never accept losing. Tepper got half the fanbase brainwashed. Losing is cool now.smh

• Pie 2