• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Young shown flashes of being a #1 pick?

TN05

Just now, Castavar said:

I mean, if this is your way of coping that we picked the wrong QB, then by all means

I wanted Stroud bro. I'm just...not panicking in game 3 when play calling has been shitter than the QB play.

We don't have WRs that get a ton of separation, use motion to get more separation presnap. We saw success in up tempo. Do that more.

25 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

By what we've seen, I'd say 6-7th or possibly UDFA. 

Possible. He seems very limited and unable to take the top off of a defense.  I know he doesn't have great receivers but his arm doesn't look good. The defense basically gave him those completions because they were easily contained given the 6 points on offense scored. I wanted Stroud but came around to Young over the constant selling of his mental prowess.  It unfortunately doesn't look like it is  nearly enough to be a legit qb in the nfl. 

• Pie 1

He hasn’t made stupid rookie decisions so that’s good.

He is accurate when he picks his receiver. 

Not a whole lot else but it sure doesn’t look like he is in a position to be successful right now. And it looks worse because Stroud and AR have had success. But history tells us these QB will look like crap this season too as defenses get tape on them. How many rookies have looked good and no panned out at all? And how many rookie QB have looked terrible and turned in pro bowl QB? 

• Beer 1

Hard to judge him with the play calling, turnstile at LT and lack of any real weapons. Our best WR is Adam fuging Thielen. We haven’t had a good TE since 2016. Oh and the RB we signed has happy feet and has no vision. Other than that he’s in a great spot…