• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not one tax dollar. None. Zero. Zilch.

Zod

I doubt Tepper is going to move the team for multiple reasons. 

• I doubt the NFL owners will allow him to move from this market. 
  • He has a second franchise in Charlotte FC. 
  • He has already invested a lot of time and energy into the city.

He could pull a rouge move and just go like Kroenke did, but I don't think the NFL is going to put up with it. Charlotte is one of the fastest growing cities in the country.

The reason why owners have been getting tax dollars for stadiums is because local and state governments allowed it, owners did it because they could. 

and if you take the stance that tax dollars are based on performance, you will 100% lose the team the team. Hell, He was setting up to move to rock Hill before the blow up.

I was an avid Redskins fan until Snyder…..Switched to the Panthers in 1995 and never looked back until now. Tepper is just another Snyder and it’s extremely hard to pull for anything he has his hand in.  I’m finding myself pulling for Washington again and with each passing week caring even less for the Panthers. I have a feeling, until he is no longer owner,  this team will be just what it is today, terrible. 

Edited by ickmule
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I doubt Tepper is going to move the team for multiple reasons. 

• I doubt the NFL owners will allow him to move from this market. 
  • He has a second franchise in Charlotte FC. 
  • He has already invested a lot of time and energy into the city.

He could pull a rouge move and just go like Kroenke did, but I don't think the NFL is going to put up with it. Charlotte is one of the fastest growing cities in the country.

The last two points are meaningless. They matter none. That soccer team is worth almost nothing compared to the NFL team. Miniscule value.

Plus you have to considered how horned up the NFL is for Europe. They see the writing on the wall. If they don't somehow make their brand more global, the NFL is in a lot of trouble in the long term.

13 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Charlotte is relatively young city. Lots of people are transplants. If they start winning (LMAO) it will increase a home field advantage because everyone likes a winner  

Seems like the Panthers biggest fans come from 49ers, Skins, Eagles, Bears or Patriots families. They moved in the 80s/90s to QC and their kids first hometown team was the Panthers. We (many of those kids) are the biggest contingent of diehards. 96 and 03 were special for us at young ages and have grown into a decently sized fan base now with our own kids as fans.

Tepper is spitting in all of our faces with his horrible operation.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The last two points are meaningless. They matter none. That soccer team is worth almost nothing compared to the NFL team. Miniscule value.

Plus you have to considered how horned up the NFL is for Europe. They see the writing on the wall. If they don't somehow make their brand more global, the NFL is in a lot of trouble in the long term.

The NFL is about making money. Everyone gains profit for how other teams do in their markets. If Tepper moves the team, he messes with their wallets. The only thing that saved Kroenke was he made a move from St. Louis to LA. There isn't another LA to move to. He would be abandoning a market that has a ton of upside because of his own faults. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PantherGuy said:

I'd rather have the team move than help Tepper subsidize the stadium

Every single person in this city D or R/ L or C understands that it is wrong to give a multi billionaire a blank check so he can win a dick measuring contest against his other 1% friends. 

I think it’s fair for the city to chip in a little bit, certainly not as much as he probably wants, but it is GD sickening when there is “no money” for teachers and schools, retrain police officers, give first responders a raise, or fix the infrastructure but they got tax dollars laying around for hi def LED scoreboards. Corporate welfare lol 

• Pie 1

Just now, Leaky_Faucet said:

The NFL is about making money. Everyone gains profit for how other teams do in their markets. If Tepper moves the team, he messes with their wallets. The only thing that saved Kroenke was he made a move from St. Louis to LA. There isn't another LA to move to. He would be abandoning a market that has a ton of upside because of his own faults. 

Keep in mind that the "value" of the NFL is team value. It's like any other investment, it's value isn't based on how much raw money it makes.

Carolina is a small market team. There are ample areas it can go and be more valuable than it is here. How about Toronto? Mexico City? London? 

I wouldn't place a bet on the franchise moving from CLT but I am not foolish enough to say it couldn't happen. Tepper was a ruthless businessman, there is no reason to think he wouldn't stay ruthless as an owner.

3 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Fair points. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Keep in mind that the "value" of the NFL is team value. It's like any other investment, it's value isn't based on how much raw money it makes.

Carolina is a small market team. There are ample areas it can go and be more valuable than it is here. How about Toronto? Mexico City? London? 

I wouldn't place a bet on the franchise moving from CLT but I am not foolish enough to say it couldn't happen. Tepper was a ruthless businessman, there is no reason to think he wouldn't stay ruthless as an owner.

Also fair points.