• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Playbook intelligent discussion

top dawg

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

"for a team that was only one player away."  Anyone who believed that is freaking moron.

Like I said, dude literally said that we were sold "a bill of goods."

Some people did believe that. I wouldn't refer to them as "morons" though.

It's interesting because Burns being misused and Chinn not being used enough falls strictly on Evero.  YGM growing also does in a positive way.  He also has pieced together a banged up secondary to his credit.  We probably need to trade Burns sooner vs later or his value could drop if we aren't using him right.  Houston and YGM can bee our edges with a Haynes (coming back from injury soon) and Barno filling in.

The Reich stuff is a complete mess.  If he can't manage the clock he doesn't need to be worrying about what vanilla plays we are running.  Let Brown do his job so he can be a better HC.  He is simply not a HC than can handle play calling plus everything else.

Just now, top dawg said:

Like I said, dude literally said that we were sold "a bill of goods."

Some people did believe that. I wouldn't refer to them as "morons" though.

Okay, how about criminally ill-informed? Is that better?  You shouldn't be doing sports analysis, especially for the local team if you cant take a basic lay of landscape.  I can get Suzie housewife that may go to one Panthers game a year maybe being that gullible, but any self-respecting fan (real fan) knows that was and is a complete BS statement about a player away. 

• Poo 2

13 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

I thought the past two games Chinn played very well.  Because of injuries he is a true nickel CB.  If someone else rises up, hopefully he can play closer to the LOS.

I think it's more Chinn is good as a situational football player, but not every down because he lacks a true position. 

He's a defensive gadget player if you will. 

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's interesting because Burns being misused and Chinn not being used enough falls strictly on Evero.  YGM growing also does in a positive way.  He also has pieced together a banged up secondary to his credit.  We probably need to trade Burns sooner vs later or his value could drop if we aren't using him right.  Houston and YGM can bee our edges with a Haynes (coming back from injury soon) and Barno filling in.

The Reich stuff is a complete mess.  If he can't manage the clock he doesn't need to be worrying about what vanilla plays we are running.  Let Brown do his job so he can be a better HC.  He is simply not a HC than can handle play calling plus everything else.

Him mismanaging the clock is a perfect example of why most HC's do not call the plays.  He doesn't have the bird's eye view from the box, he is thinking about other aspects of the game as the HC, and his sole focus is not on making adjustments with the rest of the staff since he is not with them upstairs.  Andy Reid, Shanahan, and Sean McVay are the outliers when a HC calling plays works.  If his approach is truly collaborative maybe he can let Brown call the plays and override when he feels necessary.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Okay, how about criminally ill-informed? Is that better?  You shouldn't be doing sports analysis, especially for the local team if you cant take a basic lay of landscape.  I can get Suzie housewife that may go to one Panthers game a year maybe being that gullible, but any self-respecting fan (real fan) knows that was and is a complete BS statement about a player away. 

Are you trying to imply the two guys in the video ''believed'' the front office hype...?

The guy reporting from his home (whose name escapes me atm) has been skeptical of the offensive skill players since free agency, and Chris Lea has been a little more optimistic and I'd say steady in his thoughts since Frank came on board...

So depending on the point you're trying to make you seem ill-informed in regard to these guys' background on the Panther's situation. 

They're a decent listed, you may want to go back and review. 

I think most of us felt the OL was at least in a good spot, not as bad as it's been, BUT we're playing rookies / back ups on the interior with a 5'10 QB. 

We could stand to move the pocket some more, and get some misdirection on offense, there were a few read type run handoffs where the DE / OLB / Edge setter is COMPLETELY ignoring Bryce keeping the ball. 

This should not be a ''staple'' in our offense, but we could run a read option a few times just to cut down the backside pursuit and even the box count a bit. 

We look like a 90s offense but with Pistol.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

Are you trying to imply the two guys in the video ''believed'' the front office hype...?

The guy reporting from his home (whose name escapes me atm) has been skeptical of the offensive skill players since free agency, and Chris Lea has been a little more optimistic and I'd say steady in his thoughts since Frank came on board...

So depending on the point you're trying to make you seem ill-informed in regard to these guys' background on the Panther's situation. 

They're a decent listed, you may want to go back and review. 

I think most of us felt the OL was at least in a good spot, not as bad as it's been, BUT we're playing rookies / back ups on the interior with a 5'10 QB. 

We could stand to move the pocket some more, and get some misdirection on offense, there were a few read type run handoffs where the DE / OLB / Edge setter is COMPLETELY ignoring Bryce keeping the ball. 

This should not be a ''staple'' in our offense, but we could run a read option a few times just to cut down the backside pursuit and even the box count a bit. 

We look like a 90s offense but with Pistol.

Are you seriously suggesting we run the read option with Bryce?  You did see the fumble yesterday with the arm tap, correct?   When he scrambles on a protection breakdown, he doesn't look half bad, but to suggest he should run right into the teeth of the defense is mind blowing.

I agree, there could be some pre-snap motion.  It's not been absent, but nearly so.

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

That's basically what was said. My goodness! Anyway.