• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pledge to continue being a fan the rest of the season....

TheBigKat

4 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I used to be die hard for my sports teams. Like a loss would ruin my day. I’d schedule EVERYTHING around games. Then the Oakland A’s gutted everything and got rid of players that are MVP candidates and are moving to Las Vegas. The Panthers poo the bed always. It’s made me realize sports fandom is more like a marriage then a one sided obsession. If the teams I am married to are not gonna work on the marriage and keeping the spark alive, then why the fug am I? I won’t cheat and root for someone else because my heart simply isn’t in it, but my interest is certainly fading. I’ll always love these teams, but planning my day around them instead of living my life? Those days are loooong gone for me brother!

Us Braves fans appreciate the Oakland A's contributions to our roster!

• Pie 3

6 hours ago, PappyMay said:

I'm still a fan, this sucking would sting less if we had all of our draft assets though. If they dont win a couple games after the bye week I'll be ready to blow up the front office starting with Fitterer since he built this team.

That is the main reason I've stopped watching.

I'm friend with a Jets fan, Bills fan, etc. They even say they feel sorry for me. They literally said our situation is worse than any situation they've seen in a while. That's how bad it's gotten. Not having a first rounder and sucking like this is just a recipe for people to stop watching. 

1 minute ago, OUCPFL said:

Cheap ass vacation. Not much at all. 

Especially flying out of Oakland on southwest. My wife doesn’t jam me up much on little trips like that, especially since she gets big trips regularly. We are going to Cabo in a few weeks and I am taking her to see Taylor Swift in Japan next year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I’d love to hear your expanded thoughts on this. What about the game currently do you think is going to be ruined? I ask seriously as I don’t watch CFB outside of some Stanford games and I don’t know what rule changes are making it more like pro football and are going to ruin the game as it is for a lot of people. I ask because you’re not the first person I’ve heard say this. 

NIL doesn't exist.  That was just an idea that quickly got polluted.  It's just pay to play.  Bags of cash to rent players.  Millions. That's just flat out professional football.   And unlike the NFL, it's not designed for parity.  Never really has been but this will continue to make that way worse. There will be schools that embrace the pro aspect and have the dollars to do so.....and then there will be colleges without the budget nor want to be part of the minor league NFL system.  It will kill a lot of the tradition along the way IMO. 

early stages, but you can basically take Deion Sanders and Colorado as the textbook case and push what they are doing forward.  Now take that model and have Bama doing that post Saban with the money and want.   It basically is going to take the flawed under the table model/booster model....and inject it with steroids.   But instead of bribing high school kids you can just go build a legit college all star team year to year.   So take a Marvin Harrison Jr? Well, in the future he won't stay at Ohio St once CJ Stroud leaves.  Someone will just pay him a couple million to play that final season for Georgia.   

But who knows.  Last decade it basically was Bama, Clemson, UGA Ohio St, OU and Michigan, ND.  So maybe nothing matters. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not gonna lie, college football is starting to just become a lot more entertaining IMO than the NFL. If I'm being honest, there's just a lot of bad football being played in the NFL right now.

This is true. I probably drove the 130 miles to see the Panthers for the last time this year. UNC and Duke are filling up their stadiums with fans hungry for a winner. A lot of PSL owners and others are turning to attending more college football. 

39 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Us Braves fans appreciate the Oakland A's contributions to our roster!

I know if we kept Freeman we wouldn't have gone for Olson but could you imagine this batting line? Acuna, Albies, Olson, Freeman, Riley, Ozuna, Harris, Murphy and Rosario. Opposing pitchers would have nightmares.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Jgsaltwater said:

I agree with above poster, we spend way too much time, $$ and emotional baggage with the Panthers. We pay $1k a week for home games and our star running back is pissed off he gets booed.. keep in mind his stats. That was the final straw for my game crew. 

I totally understand 

I have one year left on my license.  I mistakenly  renewed for 4 more years when Ron left 

it is entertainment and a roll of the dice but if the panthers were a broadway show or a concert, they would have been shut down years ago 

I told my  Panthers  concierge that Tepper needed to learn the old Italian saying of ‘don’t poo where you eat’.  Nfl translation. DONT LOSE  AT HOME

what bothers me is I see zero swag  zero give a damn   zero passion.  

Look at Icky  he used to be the meanest bastard in college now, he’s just glad to be here   He needs to man up 

zero Passion  in the HC or the QB and below zero in the supporting cast 

where is Duce  where is Brown 

If  the product we pay for doesn’t give a damn, why should we spend money on them or our time 

7 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Yes it stinks, especially after hopes were high. I don't think I have been as happy about Panthers football in a long time then when I saw an alert pop up on my phone that we had traded for the #1 pick. I was like, they must have loved Stroud after the GA Bulldogs game!!!

We had A LOT of pre-season buzz and well know it is a buzzkill, I get it, it stinks, getting closer to a decade of non-meaningful football. 

BUT

Many of us are long time sufferers, we will get through this year as we have others. It WILL hurt watching Chicago with two top 5 picks but this is Carolina Panthers football at its fines. I feel like one of the elders here, we've had some amazing posters over the years. 

I commit to still attending the games, even if I leave at halftime since Frank Reich's offense is more effective then Melatonin

I commit to still going to my two remaining away games (Chicago, Jacksonville)... I know... I know

I commit to watching the away games because even in train wrecks we all can't help but look to see the carnage

I commit to renewing my PSL tickets next year, I know but what else can a hopeless fan do.

I commit, will you?

I don't need a fuging pledge nor do I need to give it to the Panthers. I've been a fan for as long as I've watched the NFL, growing up close to Charlotte, with a team that came into existence when I was just 4 years old.

I'm not a Bryce Young fan. I'm not a Cam Newton fan. I'm not a Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith, Peppers, Stewart, Williams, Moose, Walls, Hoover, Kuechly, Gross, Mick Mixon, Anish, etc. fan. Thus I will not require a pledge. 

I am a Panthers fan. There is no alternative. I may quit watching and just catch replays rather than risking the wrath of my wife every weekend for this garbage but still, I'm a fan. 

I also won't say nice things about Bryce Young's next 5 yard completion just to make the new age sensitive types happy here. 

• Beer 1