• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

38/21

Frank9999

18 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I mean he threw a TD pass that Ian dirt bike Thomas tried to catch with his helmet.

If Thomas catches that ball (I know, a major feat for him) the story is a little different.

We have four tight ends on the roster and they decide to send in Ian Thomas for a touchdown pass attempt? 

The  guy can't catch. Can't get open. Can kinda, sorta, maybe block.

And they sent him in.

That's coaching's fault folks.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Was that the same series where Thomas and Chark dropped TDs? If so then that play should have never happened. If we are playing whataboutisms of course. 

We had a lot of pass catchers just drop to the ground after they made their catches too. This west coast offense needs YAC to thrive. 

That is the same drive

On 2nd down. Bryce throws the back shoulder to Ian Thomas. On 3rd down he throws it to DJ Chark, holding call against the Vikings now new set of downs. Run, run, then a designed screen pass that a  almost picked by Vikings DL. 

• Pie 2

Bryce is taking way too much hate from this fanbase. That energy should be directed elsewhere.

Tepper, Fitt, Reich.

Until those 3 are out of the equation (I know, Tepper will never be) - it doesn't matter who is at QB for this team. Baker is cooking down in Tampa right now and looked absolutely horrible last year.

newflash: we have an organizational issue, not a quarterback issue

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, therealmjl said:

Bryce is taking way too much hate from this fanbase.

Its amazing how fast we went from excitement about the future to complete despair. 

Vegas always said we would be a bottom 10 team but people here drank the juice and thought we were going to win the superbowl. This is why people are so butt hurt. 

R-E-L-A-X

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

We don’t just have 1 problem

Bryce is limited.  Talent wise in the NFL. 

Frank runs a horrible offense 

and there are no studs on the roster that have the talent to overcome that marriage and just make something special happen out of nothing. 

I submit that your reasons #2 and #3 are the root cause of why reason #1 appears to be the case.

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Bryce is taking way too much hate from this fanbase. That energy should be directed elsewhere.

Tepper, Fitt, Reich.

Until those 3 are out of the equation (I know, Tepper will never be) - it doesn't matter who is at QB for this team. Baker is cooking down in Tampa right now. 

We have an organizational issue, not a quarterback issue.

I honestly agree. There's nothing Bryce can do about his obvious physical limitations. Our talent evaluators made a terrible mistake. It's not Bryce's fault.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let's not forget he threw what absolutely should've been a pick six a few plays before this happened if we're viewing the full scope of whataboutism.

This "almost pick 6" was after the almost TD to Ian Thomas...at least be fair in your hot takes.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly agree. There's nothing Bryce can do about his obvious physical limitations. Our talent evaluators made a terrible mistake. It's not Bryce's fault.

Could you expound on this.  What physical limitations are you referring to? I recognize his height (5"10), frame (195), and lack of elite speed (4.6-4.7). 

I don’t know if it’s the player or the playcalling or if it’s a mix of both. I know our offense used to look like poo until Riverboat showed up and let the offense gamble and go for it and keep drives going. I’ve closely followed the Bears because of Justin Fields and when the offense is wide open he looks like a much better player than when they throw 14 screens a game after running on first and second down and this makes me lean more towards playcalling than Bryce being the issue. 

• Pie 1