• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The impressive throw you wanted from Bryce

TheCasillas

I'm just trying to understand why so many are stuck on drooling over players from other teams at this point. 

It doesn't matter if Stroud is a HOFer in 3 years and Bryce is out of the NFL next year. Bryce is the Panthers' QB. Stround is the Texans QB. That ain't gonna change. It would make more sense to compare him to 2nd round QBs in next year's draft or 1st rounders in 2025. 

No one can argue against Stroud having the most success thus far - 4 games in, or that AR looks like Cam lite. No one. But unless you're just gonna switch to a Texans or Colts fan, then it makes no sense to dog your QB out and overanalyze him because he isn't another rookie QB taken 1-2 picks after him in the draft. Stroud missed throws. AR misses reads. Every QB that has ever played does. We don't know who Bryce will ultimately be, after 3 friggin games. 

I didn't want the Panthers to move up to #1 to get any QB in this draft. I thought we needed more playmakers and actual WRs before bringing in a rookie QB, for the reasons we're seeing Bryce struggling now. But Bryce is a Panther now. So he's my guy until he isn't. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

I'm just trying to understand why so many are stuck on drooling over players from other teams at this point. 

It doesn't matter if Stroud is a HOFer in 3 years and Bryce is out of the NFL next year. Bryce is the Panthers' QB. Stround is the Texans QB. That ain't gonna change. It would make more sense to compare him to 2nd round QBs in next year's draft or 1st rounders in 2025. 

No one can argue against Stroud having the most success thus far - 4 games in, or that AR looks like Cam lite. No one. But unless you're just gonna switch to a Texans or Colts fan, then it makes no sense to dog your QB out and overanalyze him because he isn't another rookie QB taken 1-2 picks after him in the draft. Stroud missed throws. AR misses reads. Every QB that has ever played does. We don't know who Bryce will ultimately be, after 3 friggin games. 

I didn't want the Panthers to move up to #1 to get any QB in this draft. I thought we needed more playmakers and actual WRs before bringing in a rookie QB, for the reasons we're seeing Bryce struggling now. But Bryce is a Panther now. So he's my guy until he isn't. 

It's gives a standard to what a first round rookie qb should look like

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was a nice throw. I'm not anti-Bryce. I want to see more nice throws. I'd be happy as hell to be wrong about my doubts.

I think we all would.  I wanted CJ when I heard about the trade up, but I was bamboozled by all the hype around Bryce's ability to read the field etc.  Other than Tepper selling the team to a good owner, there is nothing I would want more for this team than Bryce to be legit.  But that doesn't change the reality of what we've seen so far.

• Pie 4

40 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

A donkey could run the sh!t we’re running on offense right now which seems to be the extent of Reich’s system so why in the hell did we take some “super processor” and not the guy with the size, mobility and best natural arm 

IMG_7479.jpeg.c588869c4ae8b1267f604aea9a56e7ab.jpeg

Given what we’ve seen this actually makes a lot of sense. We’d still be f’d but at least we’d have our 1st rounder and DJ Moore

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Based on what?

Person gets a lot of sh!t around here but he’s a pretty reliable source. He isn’t always right but from what we’ve seen from Bryce in 3 games and Dalton in 1, I think it makes sense Reich would have wanted Carr. It really does look like Frank doesn’t trust Bryce. The decision to try and move up to 1 happened well before Frank got here. I mean I knew they were going to try to get up to 1 before Frank got here. I think Frank is a terrible HC but this whole Bryce thing falls more on Tepper/Fitterer than it does Frank

And to be clear it ultimately doesn’t matter who’s to blame for this we’re stuck in this situation now. We already know we have a David Tepper problem on our hands. I said the other day, he wanted fields and let Matt/Scott take Jaycee, he wasnt about to let the QB of his choice get overruled again

Edited by *FreeFua*