• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Sr. Wants You All To Relax

TheCasillas

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Since Cam’s arm officially fell off, we are 23-55. That’s an average of 5-12 for almost 6 full years and we are missing a 1st and 2nd round pick in the next two drafts while we state we don’t even have a real weapon for our rookie QB. Our OL has taken a step back and the best offensive player is Adam Theilen by a mile. That’s why we are frustrated with this 0-4, likely 0-6 start.

yea, ive reach my limit as well and its totally not in character. the teasing off-season with the full buy-in of this all-star staff, follow the piss-poor preseason and now 0-4 will more incoming doom.....fuucking misery bro....  

9 hours ago, KSpan said:

I didn't say anything about Dalton so you can keep that nonsense out of your reply to me. Since you brought it up though, here is his chart vs Seattle - 4/7 past 20 yards including a TD. Bryce has attempted 4 passes at or past 20 yards all year, 3 of them less than 25 yds, and completed 1. Bryce didn't even throw the ball past 20 vs the Vikings.

pass-chart_DAL659900_2023-REG-3_1695606572382.jpeg

The #1 reason Andy had longer throws and fewer screens is because he trusts Frank's pay calling. He wasn't killing plays at the LoS. True, though, it would've been difficult to do with the Seattle noise but he didn't and it made a difference.

That is what Bryce is missing. Trust in the play calling. 

Steve Smith told us DJ Moore was his replacement. He left DJ out to dry quick even though that man is 4th in Panthers history in receiving yards behind Greg Olsen with a bunch of bums throwing to him. Now with the early Bryce Young results I must say I'm nearing the point of not needing to hear 89 talk about QB prospects anymore. Not everyone is cut out for it even if they are a former player likely heading to the HOF.

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Aside from Steve saying relax at the beginning of the video he gets into Bryce checking out of plays way too many times and the Vikings baiting him into making those changes to get the looks they wanted. Combine that with Smith 2 weeks ago bashing the play calling in the Saints game and it seems like Bryce is overthinking or not ready to be making these adjustments. The 1st quarter scripted stuff looked ok vs the Vikings

EXACTLY! This is what I've been saying. It's not that Frank doesn't trust Bryce, it's that Bryce doesn't trust Frank's play calling. So, yes, he's overthinking, killing the play and confusing the hell out of the WRs and line. I don't know what the plays were that he killed (and you don't either) but bet a dollar to a doughnut they could've had a better chance of moving the chains than what Bryce killed into. Reich and Brown and McCowan could see what the defense was doing just as well as Bryce could but with years of experience on how to counter it.

6 hours ago, frankw said:

I've acknowledged there are multiple problems. Bryce Young however is at the center of those problems. He's got to adjust and play differently and the coaching staff has to put him in that position. But until proven otherwise defenses are simply not going to be scared of his arm. I don't like it. It's really depressing. But that's the rub.

Agree. I think the coaches are trying to put him in that position. Bryce has to trust that they're doing the right thing.

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why don't you just leave? If we're ball idiots and all you're gonna do is complain about other people posting just leave. I hate to tell you, but when you engage with other people you will sometimes encounter differing opinions.

I believe I specifically said I didn’t put you in that category 

45 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

The #1 reason Andy had longer throws and fewer screens is because he trusts Frank's pay calling. He wasn't killing plays at the LoS. True, though, it would've been difficult to do with the Seattle noise but he didn't and it made a difference.

That is what Bryce is missing. Trust in the play calling. 

If that were really the case then I'd like to think they'd be taking away his ability to do so.

11 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Yup. Standing in the shadow of his own goal line at that.

I am beginning to wonder what LG even watches at this point.

He's already made up his mind, so he sees what he wants to, proclaims it to his "amen corner," and they commence to proliferate it as fact.

4 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Since Cam’s arm officially fell off, we are 23-55. That’s an average of 5-12 for almost 6 full years and we are missing a 1st and 2nd round pick in the next two drafts while we state we don’t even have a real weapon for our rookie QB. Our OL has taken a step back and the best offensive player is Adam Theilen by a mile. That’s why we are frustrated with this 0-4, likely 0-6 start.

Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly saved us from being on a ridiculous run of ineptitude. This will be our sixth consecutive losing season.