• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Shopping for Number 1 caliber WR, Top Priority

ncfan

24 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Yes I know the chances aren’t good, I’m just saying if it’s not those two it’s a disappointment bc we have no picks to trade and the one player we do have, his value should get a player like adams or Diggs. I use them as an example bc there were reports those two were unhappy with their teams. 

What makes you think any of these guys would be happy here?

Unless they want to feast on bubble screens and five yard slants.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, cmichd08 said:

It is not the receivers. it is the person delivering the ball. I THOIUGHT THIS ORGANIZATION WAS PROFESSIONAL If Andy can throw for 300+ yards in an unfriendly stadium. Then it isn't the catchers but the person throwing it to them.

Dalton threw the ball 58 times, on less yards per attempt than Bryce had on Sunday.  Calm down.  We still got beat by 10 points with Dalton throwing for 360. 

3 minutes ago, Jmac said:

What makes you think any of these guys would be happy here?

Unless they want to feast on bubble screens and five yard slants.

It’s just hypothetical. If we have any shot at a top tier wr, to me, it’d be players that are unhappy with their team. I doubt they want to play here bc we suck, I get it,  but I’m just going off of what we know. We know we are trying to trade for a number 1 top tier wr, we know adams and Diggs were/are unhappy with their teams. To me, anything outside of adams, Diggs and Higgins is a waste of time and not top tier players (Higgins is close unless we get a pick back).

Like I’ve said this whole time, I know it’s not happening, I’m just saying that’s who the trade should be for.  

14 minutes ago, travisura said:

I agree. They need to take their lumps this year and attack the FA market during the offseason. These quick band-aid type moves keep digging us deeper and deeper into the hole.

Exactly. They would have to go like 10-3 the rest of the year to have realistic chance at the playoffs and we know that’s not happening 

3 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

Davis isn't close to a #1 and Kincaid is a rook

I didn’t say Davis was a #1. I think that’s fair trade value for Burns though. We should be trying to build our team for the future with Bryce. 

A young, top end #2 that you can lock in for a reasonable price for the next 5-6 years. 

A young, rookie TE who is already sharing TE1 duties on one of the best teams in the NFL. It helps that he’s an excellent receiving TE when we lack receiving options. 

Leonard Floyd to bridge the gap at EDGE. 

A 2nd round pick to continue building. 

~$25-30 million saved in cap space we can use to sign our EDGE and/or WR1. 

I’d take it in a heartbeat. 

Edited by ECHornet

15 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

If that deal were to occur... it could not be straight up... we would get assets in return. Adams for Burns is a one sided deal. 

Not saying I know anything about it or saying that would be the final trade. Just stating that would be a likely trade partner. Would have to be some money movement from Adams and the LV front office as well.

18 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Not saying I know anything about it or saying that would be the final trade. Just stating that would be a likely trade partner. Would have to be some money movement from Adams and the LV front office as well.

totally get it. Wasnt trying to be snarky.. Adams is in my top 3 of potential acquisitions but I would hope it wouldnt be as an extreme cost. His age and longevity is too risky imo.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

totally get it. Wasnt trying to be snarky.. Adams is in my top 3 of potential acquisitions but I would hope it wouldnt be as an extreme cost. His age and longevity is too risky imo.

Yeah, he is over 30 and his best years are most likely behind him. I have zero idea who they are going after at this point. I was told a week ago that Fitterer is hand-cuffed on dealing picks, so unless this is another directive from the top, I don't know what to make of it. I imagine Adams and JJ are the two to watch but who knows anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Yeah, he is over 30 and his best years are most likely behind him. I have zero idea who they are going after at this point. I was told a week ago that Fitterer is hand-cuffed on dealing picks, so unless this is another directive from the top, I don't know what to make of it. I imagine Adams and JJ are the two to watch but who knows anymore. 

handcuffed in what way?

Are posters really down for trading away MORE Draft capital to perpetuate this dumpster fire?

Like, how unattractive do you want this job to be for the HC / GM we're going to have to hire in the offseason? No QB, no first round pick, a middling OLB that you're going to have to franchise tag (if the current GM doesn't massively overpay him) - why not add 'no second round pick' to that mix too, just to round it out?

• Pie 1