• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Carolina sniffing around on Jerry Jeudy”

ncfan

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The Broncos picked up his option already 

Yea I know, which is why I said I’m not sure what I suggested can be done, as I’m not sure if you can re-work that option year once it’s picked up.  But with a “normal contract” they would be able to pay down that final year as a bonus before the trade.

If that can’t be done here, then I have less than zero interest in him.  I’ll take a 2 year rental to see if it works at a sub $5 million cap hit next year, but to take that $13 Million on next year to do it is a complete non-starter for me.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Why bother? If we lose Sunday, and more than likely we will, we're not making the playoffs at 0-5. It's already Thursday, no trade will be made before Sunday. I swear, they're about set us back for years to come. 

Because the rest of the year is meant to help Bryce grow (unfortunately figuratively and not literally) and adding an elite WR would help do that.

However, Jeudy isn’t an elite WR, that’s just a different discussion.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we need a speed threat that can catch not another big wr

I wouldnt consider Jeudy a speed guy though.

Tbh, I don't think we need another WR at all.  I think this is just more scrambling and CYA moves to try to cover up Bryce's deficiencies and I don't think it's gonna make a difference.  What it is gonna do if things continue, is cost Reich and Fitt their jobs a lot faster than it would otherwise for doubling down. 

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Because the rest of the year is meant to help Bryce grow (unfortunately figuratively and not literally) and adding an elite WR would help do that.

However, Jeudy isn’t an elite WR, that’s just a different discussion.

if thats the case that is telling because A) this is the group of wr they assembled knowing they were drafting a rookie and B)so now they are going to get it right after whiffing in free agency?  The scouting dept is clearly in disarray and missing on pick after pick

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2
  • The D 1

Just now, hepcat said:

How about Marshall Jr for Jeudy straight up?

NO

TMJ is off our books next year and Jeudy has $13 million guaranteed.

A TMJ trade that would make more sense is to work him into a deal for Higgins, pair him back up with his LSU teammates in Burrow and Chase.

Burns and TMJ for Higgins, a 1st, and like a 4th works for me

• Pie 3