• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Carolina sniffing around on Jerry Jeudy”

ncfan

The only WR that is worth trading anything for is Tee Higgins. The Bengals simply don't have the room to pay Burrow, Chase, and Higgins. I think the offer of our 2nd round pick this year makes sense for both sides. For the Bengals our 2nd round pick is better than the late 3rd round pick comp pick you'll get when you lose him in free agency. Then for us I don't trust our front office's ability to identify a WR talent in the 2nd round that would be anywhere close to the talent level of Tee Higgins. 

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

https://predominantlyorange.com/posts/hypothetical-trade-package-jerry-jeudy-might-be-too-good-broncos-pass

Oh good lord, this guy thinks the Broncos should trade Jeudy and a 4th for Burns

I've always said nothing could get me to stop rooting for the Panthers, but this could test that theory, that would be an epically bad trade.

If that happens I know there must be some inside job to sabbatage the Panthers. 

14 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

The only WR that is worth trading anything for is Tee Higgins. The Bengals simply don't have the room to pay Burrow, Chase, and Higgins. I think the offer of our 2nd round pick this year makes sense for both sides. For the Bengals our 2nd round pick is better than the late 3rd round pick comp pick you'll get when you lose him in free agency. Then for us I don't trust our front office's ability to identify a WR talent in the 2nd round that would be anywhere close to the talent level of Tee Higgins. 

If the Bengals are trading him for a pick this year, I'm guessing someone offers a 1st for him.

He's 24 years old and it won't require a very top of the market contract to re-sign him, that's hard to find right now and if they wait until the offseason, someone in the back half of the first round and needs a WR would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Which is why I've always felt Burns (who I think is worth 2 firsts) for Higgins and a 1st makes a lot of sense for us and in a vacuum, but I think the Bengals will want a 1st back to get a good player on a cheap deal after giving Burrow that contract and still needing to pay Chase.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

"only"?!?!?!?!

$13 million would have him as a Top 20 WR cap hit in the league, the guy hasn't had a 1,000 yard season in his career and an "offensive genius" in Payton wants to trade him away instead of keeping him with that number on the books next year.

His contract is the biggest reason to not have any interest in him, and I don't want him just for the player that he is, before you even factor in his biggest downside in that guaranteed contract next year 

? 13M for a #1 is insanely cheap value. That’s cheaper than Sutton, Beckham, and Renfrow. It doesn’t work out you don’t pay him after the 5th, he proves he’s a legit #1 that’s a good problem to have. 

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If the Bengals are trading him for a pick this year, I'm guessing someone offers a 1st for him.

He's 24 years old and it won't require a very top of the market contract to re-sign him, that's hard to find right now and if they wait until the offseason, someone in the back half of the first round and needs a WR would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Which is why I've always felt Burns (who I think is worth 2 firsts) for Higgins and a 1st makes a lot of sense for us and in a vacuum, but I think the Bengals will want a 1st back to get a good player on a cheap deal after giving Burrow that contract and still needing to pay Chase.

With Higgins being a FA at the end of the year any team that trades for him is going to have to be comfortable with paying a contract that gives him 23-25 million a year and I feel that with Bryce on his rookie deal we are in the best spot to pay that. If another team comes along and out bides us, then that's fair I could live with that. What I won't accept is us giving away assets for another band aid fix like trading for an overpriced Jerry Jeudy or under preforming but good story Van Jefferson. I'm also in the camp of not trading Burns or anyone on the defense. Our defense is on the cusp of being an elite unit if they could be given any sort of help from the offense. How often have we seen the same song and dance for the past couple of years where the defense plays well and keeps the score close till late in the 3rd quarter where they eventually break due to being exhausted or being figured out by the other team's offense by being on the field majority of the game.  

11 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

? 13M for a #1 is insanely cheap value. That’s cheaper than Sutton, Beckham, and Renfrow. It doesn’t work out you don’t pay him after the 5th, he proves he’s a legit #1 that’s a good problem to have. 

Yes, that's very cheap for a #1, but Jeudy isn't close to a #1, he was a first round pick who for 3 years has been an average #2 and still can't break out with a Sean Payton offense.

That money could be used towards a better WR or be put to better use for other positions than to waste in on Jeudy.

8 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

With Higgins being a FA at the end of the year any team that trades for him is going to have to be comfortable with paying a contract that gives him 23-25 million a year and I feel that with Bryce on his rookie deal we are in the best spot to pay that. If another team comes along and out bides us, then that's fair I could live with that. What I won't accept is us giving away assets for another band aid fix like trading for an overpriced Jerry Jeudy or under preforming but good story Van Jefferson. I'm also in the camp of not trading Burns or anyone on the defense. Our defense is on the cusp of being an elite unit if they could be given any sort of help from the offense. How often have we seen the same song and dance for the past couple of years where the defense plays well and keeps the score close till late in the 3rd quarter where they eventually break due to being exhausted or being figured out by the other team's offense by being on the field majority of the game.  

I didn't want to trade Burns either, but it's clear that we're not going to sign him to a contract that the team thinks is fair, or else we'd have gotten a deal done before the season started.  Once the season started without a deal, he became a must trade for me because him playing out the year for us to tag him and him refuse to play on the tag is worst case scenario for next offseason.  

At this point we just have to trade him unfortunately.

I also don't think Higgins will cost that much, probably more in the 18-22 a year I think.  He knows he hasn't put up the numbers yet to get that 25 a year, but again, he's only 24, if he balls out the next couple years as someone's #1, he's going to get a huge extension at that point, and I'm fine with us being that team.