• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Carolina sniffing around on Jerry Jeudy”

ncfan

20 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Jeudy’s cap number currently ranks 27th for WRs in 2024, and it will certainly drop lower after the next free agency cycle. 

It's still too much, if we're paying Jeudy $13 million next year, on top of having Thielen and Mingo, we're not going to be able to afford paying for another WR who is better than Jeudy to be our #1, and Jeudy is NOT a #1.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

It's still too much, if we're paying Jeudy $13 million next year, on top of having Thielen and Mingo, we're not going to be able to afford paying for another WR who is better than Jeudy to be our #1, and Jeudy is NOT a #1.

He would be Mooney on da bears

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

He would be Mooney on da bears

I think he's better than Mooney, but Jeudy just isn't a #1.

If we had a true #1 on the team, I wouldn't be as against paying Jeudy $13 million to be the #2.  But we don't and we can't afford to pay that to Jeudy and then still go out there and pay someone like a Higgins.

Who Frieken cares if he's not a top level 1. Get that in free agency, right now you at least need someone apart from Thielen that can at least win a route. Jeudy has shown he can beat man coverage, that alone makes him better than every receiver on this roster.

Cap doesn't matter. You guys talk about it like your budgeting for groceries, rent, and your utility bill. The cap keeps going up, we have tons of space this year and next. As long as the other compensation (picks and players) isn't too much, I would be all in on bringing JJ in. 

I agree that Jeudy isn't a #1 WR, but the truth is we also need a #2.

But honestly, if they REALLY want to help Bryce they need to forget about trading for a WR and go sign/trade for some players who can actually keep him upright.

I know Austin Corbett is coming back after the bye, but we REALLY need another starting caliber guard so that Chandler Zavala won't ever see the field again this year. Not to mention some actual NFL-caliber depth.

Until the OL gets it's poo together our offense will continue to struggle; no run game, no pass protection and it won't matter if every WR we have magically develops into an All-Pro during the bye week if every time Bryce drops back to pass it's 2nd or 3rd & 12 and he has 0.8 seconds to throw the ball.

Edited by Jay Roosevelt
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I agree that Jeudy isn't a #1 WR, but the truth is we also need a #2.

But honestly, if they REALLY want to help Bryce they need to forget about trading for a WR and go sign/trade for some players who can actually keep him upright.

I know Austin Corbett is coming back after the bye, but we REALLY need another starting caliber guard so that Chandler Zavala won't ever see the field again this year. Not to mention some actual NFL-caliber depth.

Until the OL gets it's poo together our offense will continue to struggle; no run game, no pass protection and it won't matter if every WR we have magically develops into an All-Pro during the bye week if every time Bryce drops back to pass it's 2nd or 3rd & 12 and he has 0.8 seconds to throw the 

Lael Collins is still available. I don't know if he is any good anymore, but shoot anyone is better than our current turnstyle.

• Pie 1