• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers are cultureless and the worst team in the NFL. Thanks Tepper.

Saca312

Reich was always a bad hire. I said it when it happened. He fuged the Colts with stupid ass decisions (Wentz) just like he is doing here. He gets tunnel vision with parts of the field and short throws like someone needs to smack him out of it. Stubborn. Definition of square peg round hole.

And again as I said the hope and only bright spot for this team are the coordinators. The next possible HC is on the roster. Problem now is a new GM is needed. Panthers are one of the few dumbass FOs that hire backwards. So it’s just all fuged you can’t strap a GM to anyone or thing. And you certainly can’t have a Baylor college coach hire your GM lol.

This is yet another area where Tepper meddles. Because he smarter than everyone else he thinks keeping some people around is the way when in reality you have to build it from the GM outward unless you have a rare elite coach coming in.

Edited by onmyown

i disagree with Saca that this is the bottom, because I don't think we're there yet. The bottom is coming though. And the wildest thing was how obvious it was how soon. People hand waived preseason sure, but very quickly in Atlanta it became clear that something was wrong. Bryce has looked worse in every start, and it's going to keep getting worse. They don't have the players, period. They cannot play football right now, as assembled. 

The bottom is going to come with Bryce finally gets hurt, and I think it's going to be bad. When he gets hit he rag dolls. And I'm not saying compared to Cam or whatever; everyone knows exactly what I mean. Him taking hits just looks awful. Even if the offensive line miraculously stabilizes and he can actually step up into a throw, someone is going to get through or hit him on a run and that's going to be it. If Bryce makes it more than 10 games this year, I'll be amazed. If Bryce doesn't end the year on IR it'll be a miracle. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

You know, this post highlights some things that I hadn't considered previously. Has Ron ever ran a 3-4 alignment with the Redskins? Like on ANY plays? I don't follow other teams, so I'm not sure. But on football reference, every year he's been there it has their alignment marked as 4-3 (FWIW, the 2019 panthers are marked as 4-3 too). And I realize that base defenses don't really matter too much at the end of the day, but it's still really curious. Tepper was a Steelers minority owner, who have pretty much always ran a 3-4 base. Was that a byproduct of Tepper overreach? 

And now we have this situation where the team's roster just feels like it conflicts with itself, at least on O. We have road graders on the OL. This is a team built to shove it down your throat and keep running lanes open by threatening defenses vertically, at least in the trenches. It can't be denied that missing Corbett and Brady hurts a fug ton, we have no interior push. Not helped by the most vanilla playcalling imaginable; there's just no creativity on our run plays. It's like an 8 year old on Madden just spamming HB Dive and Inside Zone over and over. No traps, no pulling guards, nothing. But the line still shouldn't look this bad. To top that off, we have no deep threats other than Chark (who we rarely send downfield), and decided to draft Young who clearly won't be throwing bombs all day against NFL defenses.

I was a fan of Young, he was my favorite QB coming out; but it's just a strange fit when you get down to it. And seeing as our owner's wife hugged him at the combine, something I can't recall any other team doing... again, it's just really fuging weird. On top of that, it seems as if Reich just flat out refuses to open up the playbook for him; which makes me wonder if he was the QB Reich wanted or not.  It feels as if Tepper is sticking his nose in places he has no business sticking it. We always hear every off-season and during the season about what Tepper is feeling. About who Tepper likes, and what Tepper wants. I can't recall seeing so many insider reports with Richardson's name in them in the past. Even now we're hearing the team is trying to find a WR via trade and that Tepper is unhappy and wants changes. Tepper this, Tepper that, every season, every off-season his name just swirls around all over the place. It's just not normal.

And what's fuged is that if he really is meddling to this extent, which seems increasingly likely with the "IT WAS ALL RHULE!!!" cope mostly all but undefendable now, we will probably be in a state of suck until he learns. Frankly, there's a very high chance that he never does. Because no matter how bad the team is, he will always turn a profit on it. It's why the same teams and ownership groups stay bad. The Fords and Bidwells are ROLLING in money no matter what new depths their team sinks to. Seems we might just be a new resident of that group of teams. One or two years of making the playoffs a decade, rinse and repeat. Especially in a transplant city like Charlotte; if we don't buy tickets, the legions of opposing team's fans will. This team was 7TH IN ATTENDANCE LAST YEAR. No matter what happens, Tepper is getting his bag.

It's even more screwy here since the NFL seemingly pushed Navarro out of the race despite him reportedly offering more.. But I can't really think of any other case like this. We basically had the rug pulled out from under all of us. As a Lions or Cards fan, you knew what you were signing up for the day you became a fan. The Panthers? We used to be a respectable franchise until Tepper bought the team. Very inconsistent, up and down, but we had our moments and in general it just never felt this hopeless. Now? We've been rebuilding for 4 years, and are still the worst team in the league.  All seemingly at the NFL's will. 

Edited by beo
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, The Lobo said:

We are the new browns. I’ve read ppl write this on here off and on for a few years, but I didn’t realize it until tonight . No end in sight, no promise and nothing to look forward to. Our stupid coach hires and stupid trades have set us back five years. I hate being so negative, but this sucks poo through a straw. 

Yeah, I have been beating that drum for a couple of years now. We had all the symptoms, suspect ownership, a parade of different coaches and constant QB changes.

That is Browns 101.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Pushing Nicole into the process this year. Ignoring past failures and mistakes. Whatever the fug they were doing during coach interviews that turned any good candidates away and left us with Frank the savior. Whatever the fug they were looking at when scouting QBs with the pack of losers they hired.

It's bad and it doesn't look like anything but this is the new normal for the Panthers. Rhule was just the new standard and the guy who is NFL quality is now even worse. The GM makes Hurney look responsible and semicompetent. I really dislike Tepper and I am at the point of almost pulling agaisnt the team just to watch him fail more since that would be thr only joy left for the Panthers to give. That is a feeling I have been fighting all year.

Edited by Waldo

13 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Keep blaming the coaching all you want, but if Dalton is our QB we are probably 3-1.  This team is indeed built to win now but Bryce is absolute garbage and a liability 

They would be a lot more competitive with Dalton but Im not sure they could win those 3 regardless or the next 2 games either way. 2-2 sounds more reasonable. This team isn't built to win. It's built poorly.

• Pie 1