• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' hard work pays off, the last remaining winless team in the NFL

Dorian Gray

1 hour ago, frankw said:

McCaffrey is benefiting immensely and producing because of the offense ran by Shanahan.

DJ Moore is producing with Justin Fields on one of the league's worst consistently ran franchises. If we were to undue any trade it would be giving away Moore for the worst of the top 3 QB's in this years draft.

Not to mention we sent pick 61 from the CMC trade for Bryce, and Tank Dell went 69th. After reaching for Mingo at 39. Then we traded the CMC 3rd and 4ths for DJ Johnson lol. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, parker said:

This board was calling for people to trade McCaffery for his durability issues long before it happened.  It's exactly what they are doing with Horn now.  

So your saying Horn is going to be a pro-bowler on whatever team we trade him to as well?

I honestly think CMC wasn’t hurt that bad at all in 2021. He missed a few games early and didn’t appear to get hurt when Miami dusted us and they put him on the shelf again because we were done. I’m not sure if he could have come back in 2020, we had another epic collapse so they weren’t going to play him. McCaffery had some injuries (nothing serious) but if it was 2013-2017 when we were an honest to goodness playoff contender, I’d bet good money he would have missed a lot less time. That’s why I don’t think there was any worry in SF that he was probably going to be fine.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Tepper's eyes seem set on Germany. Makes sense. Biggest economy in Europe.

Could be a problem with the Rooney rule if he did it too quickly though. Would be a legitimate complaint that Frank was hired to lose to move the team. Other candidates weren't given a genuine chance to be hired for a head coaching position for the right reasons. 

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

So your saying Horn is going to be a pro-bowler on whatever team we trade him to as well?

I honestly think CMC wasn’t hurt that bad at all in 2021. He missed a few games early and didn’t appear to get hurt when Miami dusted us and they put him on the shelf again because we were done. I’m not sure if he could have come back in 2020, we had another epic collapse so they weren’t going to play him. McCaffery had some injuries (nothing serious) but if it was 2013-2017 when we were an honest to goodness playoff contender, I’d bet good money he would have missed a lot less time. That’s why I don’t think there was any worry in SF that he was probably going to be fine.

If healthy, Horn has the potential to be a probowler.  Sometimes injuries happen and it doesnt mean the guy is injury prone.  Imagine if we had traded Thomas Davis after his first three knee injuries.  Horn is young, cheap and can be a very good corner.  Why trade that away?  

6 hours ago, parker said:

If healthy, Horn has the potential to be a probowler.  Sometimes injuries happen and it doesnt mean the guy is injury prone.  Imagine if we had traded Thomas Davis after his first three knee injuries.  Horn is young, cheap and can be a very good corner.  Why trade that away?  

SMH, it’s a joke that he’ll be way better when he leaves us.

Also, he really won’t be cheap per game in the end. He’s basically played 1 year out of 3. Even if healthy year 4 and year 5 (5th year option), we’ll have played him about $11M per healthy year. If he never gets hurt his rookie deal and 5th year would be about $6M a year.

On 10/5/2023 at 11:43 PM, Ivan The Awesome said:

Honestly it does, and it's because we were sold the idea that we ain't picking top 10 in a while and that we were a QB away, oh and something about playoffs. lol The fans didn't speak this. The front office did. 

Yep and we were building things the right way

On 10/5/2023 at 11:32 PM, Mage said:

This season feels worse than the Matt Rhule seasons.

I hate that we've come to this, but I agree with you.

I've never seen such uninspired play calling or lack of aggression from one of our teams. And I've watched every season since we started. 

It's bad enough that I'm beginning to wonder if Ron Rivera will be available at the end of this season.