• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This did not age well

NAS

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you looked at Stroud's weapons and that they're missing nearly their entire starting OL. Stroud has been leaps and bounds better than Bryce very early in their respective careers. It just is what it is.

Collins/Dell/Shultz would all be in the top 4 of our receiving options. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you looked at Stroud's weapons and that they're missing nearly their entire starting OL. Stroud has been leaps and bounds better than Bryce very early in their respective careers. It just is what it is.

I’ll admit up front that I’ve only seen highlights of Stroud. In the highlight he has great protection and WRs with some separation. So on paper we should be better, but in reality we are not. That said Stroud has obviously shown a lot more than Bryce. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What would our guys look like with Stroud? We saw what they looked like with Dalton. A lot better.

Improved but not as good as his weapons on the Texans. The lack of separation, a byproduct of talent + scheme issues, would still be noticeable. 

I also assume the play calling would still protective of a rookie QB with our current staff. At 0-4, I hope they loosen the reigns. 

Edited by ECHornet

16 minutes ago, Martin said:

I’ll admit up front that I’ve only seen highlights of Stroud. In the highlight he has great protection and WRs with some separation. So on paper we should be better, but in reality we are not. That said Stroud has obviously shown a lot more than Bryce. 

Well here are a few plays from his last QB school.  If you still think this is great protection instead of great quarterbacking then lets discuss further.  CJ's protection is breaking down often, the kid just makes the right play very often.  I mean these plays are just sick and there are plenty of them.

https://youtu.be/1Pghr8IRMc4?si=9oRUFoTJ78lfol73&t=391

https://youtu.be/1Pghr8IRMc4?si=PLAC4xnHZTji9nyN&t=963