• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fug it.....I was wrong.

rayzor

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Richardson's injuries are a massive concern. Especially considering how he's going to have to play to be elite. He's gotta basically play like Cam 2.0. That's an impossible row to hoe if you're fragile.

Yeah. He is not really a good QB. His stats don't really look that favorable even compared to someone like Bryce. Especially when it comes to being a dink and dunk king.

But the injuries are a huge deal. Richardson is a very, very, very poor man's Cam. He can't afford that.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I was an AR guy. I always thought he had the lowest floor and highest ceiling if he could get the right coaching and system. Steichen was probably the best HC he could have gotten. I also don't think he was worth moving up to get. He was a project pick. At 9, that's a good pick. Trading up to get him, no. The only pick worth trading up to get was CJ. 

Yeah, at 9 AR wouldn't have been a terrible gamble. At 1 that is a franchise altering mistake. 

Just now, RockyTopVol said:

Call me crazy, but I still don’t think Young is a miss. Even Peyton Manning had a bad rookie year. Bryce is playing with an awful team and with awful coaching. 

First pick was dumb, but I’ll live with the second one (for a rookie all day). He thought he could drop it over that defender and that doesn’t work in the NFL, but he learned from it. Might as well let him throw and let him make mistakes. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah. He is not really a good QB. His stats don't really look that favorable even compared to someone like Bryce. Especially when it comes to being a dink and dunk king.

But the injuries are a huge deal. Richardson is a very, very, very poor man's Cam. He can't afford that.

No he can't. I personally don't think he's ready to start yet. I get why he is, but Minshew has looked better so far. He needs some time to learn the NFL game. He also needs to learn how to preserve his body. Even Josh Allen has had to cut back because his body can't take the abuse of being a power runner all game. Cam was the first to have his career shortened because of relying on athletic ability too much to carry his offense. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I know, which makes these clowns who come around and beat their chest proclaiming they were right about so and so as if they weren't just as much a dumbass daily as I am.

We're all morons who get a ton of poo wrong. At least I acknowledge that.

I thought you almost  banned me in the off season for saying I didn't believe in Bryce after we drafted him 🤔 

5 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

Call me crazy, but I still don’t think Young is a miss. Even Peyton Manning had a bad rookie year. Bryce is playing with an awful team and with awful coaching. 

There's a reason why people keep clinging to QBs from previous generations. The league has changed. The new rules about illegal contacts hits on QBs, etc. have fundamentally changed the game. It is still obviously very hard to play QB in the NFL, but it's a lot easier than it was in the '90s.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m pretty sure a majority of the Huddle wanted Stroud. There was a poll and he was the leader by a good margin. 

Until the media wave that pushed Bryce and put cj down with that campaign of negative news about him. Most people wanted cj until they got on the hype train basically 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

You're crazy. 

But it's okay. 6 years of uninspired, less than mediocre football have made us all a little crazy.

Just now, Hoenheim said:

Until the media wave that pushed Bryce and put cj down with that campaign of negative news about him. Most people wanted cj until they got on the hype train basically 

They got on the Young hype train when we found out he was going to be our pick. Just fans getting pumped about their new QB. Regardless Stroud was the favorite. If Stroud was leaked as the pick his hype would have been even higher as he was the favorite. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a reason why people keep clinging to QBs from previous generations. The league has changed. The new rules about illegal contacts hits on QBs, etc. have fundamentally changed the game. It is still obviously very hard to play QB in the NFL, but it's a lot easier than it was in the '90s.

Yeah, those "turnaround" stories aren't as common now.