• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fug it.....I was wrong.

rayzor

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

In his defense there isn’t much to work with. We were down to Wooten at MLB, Franklin, and Jamison at CB. Some guy named Bootle got a tackle but maybe he was special teams. Oh and the offense turned it over 3 times on the road. 

But I was told that Carolina's defensive talent was better than Denver's, so Evero would be able to work Top 5 magic.

Just now, KSpan said:

But I was told that Carolina's defensive talent was better than Denver's, so Evero would be able to work Top 5 magic.

Well we have Shaq, Horn, and Woods on IR, plus DJax missed plus Shaq’s backup got injured, plus an offense that is constantly turning the ball over. 3 turnovers on the road against a good team when you are down 4 starters plus a backup isn’t going to end well.

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

I was right about CJ being the #1 pick

I was right that Reich was a lackluster coach, there’s not enough lipstick to put on that pig

You honestly can’t say this for a few years. Remember RG3? His backup that was drafted the same year as he was just beat us last week and he’s calling games. Don’t be so quick to take that victory lap. 

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

After the poo-storm Rhule whipped up for us why would you NOT be optimistic? New, experienced and offense-minded HC who brought a crap ton of talent with him and a new QB who everyone was nuts about. 

Im with you. Im about done with this team for now. I’m still and will always be a fan but I’m not wasting anymore time or effort on this team until I see something to be hopeful for.

Because it was already clear that Reich is a meh coach, that Bryce had a steep learning curve to travel as a rookie with limited physical tools to do it, that they downgraded at receiver, and that the defensive personnel were not in place for the new scheme. 

I took a lot of grief for pointing this all out and overall I was right, but I most certainly did not expect this level of ineptitude. It unfortunately became clear during preseason that things were much worse than 'average.'

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Kudos to you , it takes a strong person to admit they are/were wrong 

Now, I wait for Mr Scots I was wrong post 

You'll be waiting a long time, because he's left this place.

He never said anything definitive one way or the other, and basically took a wait-and-see approach. And, that's a rational approach. 

• Pie 2

Was in the same boat as you. Absolutely optimistic and thinking things would finally be different.

Shame on the Panthers for crushing my hopes yet again.

Today was the second game I haven't even tried to watch. Only saw a few moments on redzone but pretty indifferent, knowing there was no hope. 

Taking an observer role and disconnecting from the Panthers this year makes things a lot better.

Lot of fun going around the league to waste on watching this franchise fail yet again. 

Apathy is the correct term to describe my feelings for this team.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

I was wrong about nada. Wanted this team to embrace the suck one more season and get a legit qb. After the dumbass trade, I wanted Stroud and that was it. I also wanted a legit TE as this draft had quite a few. Panthers should probably read this board. 

Unfortunately, we have to watch people get paid millions to destroy a roster and waste draft capital.

• Beer 1

Just now, CPantherKing said:

Unfortunately, we have to watch people get paid millions to destroy a roster and waste draft capital.

One thing I have to admit, you've been beating the drum about Gettleman when most laughed at you.

Now your very correct caution against this coaching staff and especially Fitterer is bearing fruit to probably the worst Panthers season thus far. 

Despite his faults, Hurney has done more good than any other GM Carolina has had. You've been on the dot with your analysis, and even more so this year.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

About this team and I don't care.

I was wrong and _______________ was right (go ahead and quote this and put your name in the blank).

I won't ever apologize for taking advantage of a rare moment to be optimistic about this team. I'm glad I had that moment. At least I had that because the past 8 years has been pretty miserable. You take what you can get, or at least I do.

But I just don't care anymore. I've gone back to being apathetic like I was with Rhule.

Like I said, I won't apologize for taking advantage of a rare moment to feel optimistic...but I also won't apologize for finding something else to do with my family on Sundays than watch the poo show this team is.

If they can pull it together I might get interested again, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Oh, and I don't care if I get poo from anyone either for being stupid or a bad fan. I probably deserve it, but again, I don't care.

Hey, I always try to be positive but a lot of what we did with this past year I haven’t liked. Wasn’t a fan of trading away McCaffery, at the time I understood it, but I hated the trade then and still do, I also hated trading away DJ Moore, again understood why and hated it and the time but what really got me was us going for Smalls over Stroud.

now stroud is looking good and Bryce has become what I feared he would be. The worst part of this no excuses and not having to ignore anything Stroud was the hands down best QB in the draft. 

with Young, yeah he’s small but…

yeah, his arm strength isn’t elite but….

you’re reasoning and making excuses before you even drafted the guy. What did you expect!

this past year has been nothing more than an abject disaster!

So the only thing that keeps me from blaming more of this on the coaching staff is, the initial pre-draft buzz was Reich wanted Stroud but Tepper wanted Young, and it had been theorized for a while that Tepper had fell in love with Young, so I really at this point don’t know who’s more to blame for this, coaches or the owner. Regardless the outcome has been completely unacceptable!

Edited by Doc Holiday