• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

Our defensive starters are quite talented.  Unfortunately they're hurt. 

We lack a true number one, although I am.giving Thailand credit,  he's playing better than most thought he would.  It's a shame Chark isn't more of an impact. Missing 2 good starting guards, plus down their top 2 backups. Nobody survives that kind of attrition.  

Sorry, but the facts don't agree with you. 

so injuries is the excuse du juor for this week.  Interesting

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

We lack a true number one, although I am.giving Thailand credit,  he's playing better than most thought he would.  It's a shame Chark isn't more of an impact. Missing 2 good starting guards, plus down their top 2 backups. Nobody survives that kind of attrition.  

Sorry but they do   the personnel on the Panthers does not match up,

Put  the Panthers personnel against any of the top 10 teams in the league and then lets talk.  The look at the drafts of the final years of Hurney and Fitterer and it’s a failure 

All teams have injuries  

it’s the very same reason NE has fallen apart as well

You can’t win many races running mules against thoroughbreds, and mules are what is left on this team   

It may shock some people. But a lot of our “best” players would be average anywhere else. 

We are running the spread with guys brought in for an opposite type of offense. We are running a 3-4 zone with guys brought in to run 4-3 man primarily. It’s a clusterfug.

And the worst part, most of the guys “brought in” aren’t really that good to begin with. 

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Panthers fans …always overvaluing players other nfl teams do not ..that defense probably has 3 players worth anything to any other team…and one of them is made  of glass 

Teams that draft well, win.   The latest iterations of the Panthers  haven’t 

• Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...

This off-season we signed the highest paid TE and RB in free agency. Not even halfway through the season, they've both been complete nonfactors and seem to have been replaced in the starting lineup by guys who were already on the roster and afterthoughts. We had already deemed those guys not good enough and now we're having to admit that while they might not be good enough, they're still better than this guy that we WAY overpaid.

Nearly $50M in total contracts between Hurst and Sanders and they can't start for a 1-6 team near the bottom of the league in most offensive categories.

Well done, Fitts.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This off-season we signed the highest paid TE and RB in free agency. Not even halfway through the season, they've both been complete nonfactors and seem to have been replaced in the starting lineup by guys who were already on the roster and afterthoughts. We had already deemed those guys not good enough and now we're having to admit that while they might not be good enough, they're still better than this guy that we WAY overpaid.

Nearly $50M in total contracts between Hurst and Sanders and they can't start for a 1-6 team near the bottom of the league in most offensive categories.

Well done, Fitts.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Sanders and Hurst through next season. Both have outs with significant cap savings and minimal dead cap hits after the 2024 season. Atrocious signings though. 

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Unfortunately we are stuck with Sanders and Hurst through next season. Both have outs with significant cap savings and minimal dead cap hits after the 2024 season. Atrocious signings though. 

Yep. They'll almost certainly be here through next season.

I saw one article floating Hurst as a potential player to get traded. Like who dafuq is trading for Hayden Hurst? They watch these games too. What's to trade for?

1 minute ago, KBRed said:

I wonder if Fitt gets canned, if Tepper would trust Dan to run the ship for a couple years?

I don't know. Morgan leading a resurgence as GM would certainly be a Hollywood movie plot.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Maybe Morgan has been a voice of reason not listened to enough or maybe he's part of the problem.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. They'll almost certainly be here through next season.

I saw one article floating Hurst as a potential player to get traded. Like who dafuq is trading for Hayden Hurst? They watch these games too. What's to trade for?

I was actually excited about Hurst after week 1 given what we had endured with the poo poo platter of Thomas/Tremble. 5/41 and a TD? Not exactly Greg Olsen in his prime output, but miles better than what we had been getting since Olsen left. Little did I know that would basically constitute 40% of his overall production so far this season.

Edited by UNCrules2187

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I was actually excited about Hurst after week 1 given what we had endured with the poo poo platter of Thomas/Tremble. 5/41 and a TD? Not exactly Greg Olsen in his prime output, but miles better than what we had been getting since Olsen left. Little did I know that would be basically constitute 40% of his overall production so far this season.

I hated that signing in particular. Hurst is a former 1st round disappointment who has bounced around the league never sticking anywhere for a reason. Paying him like we did was just baffling.

I liked the Sanders signing... until talking to my Eagles fan buddy about him. I thought signing a good RB would help take the pressure off our rookie QB. But my buddy told me that Sanders had poo for vision as a runner and his production was completely a product of the Eagles' OL and offensive system. The dude knows ball. I had hoped it was just sour grapes. Nope. He was spot on. Sanders sucks and Philly is still a very good rushing offense.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hated that signing in particular. Hurst is a former 1st round disappointment who has bounced around the league never sticking anywhere for a reason. Paying him like we did was just baffling.

I liked the Sanders signing... until talking to my Eagles fan buddy about him. I thought signing a good RB would help take the pressure off our rookie QB. But my buddy told me that Sanders had poo for vision as a runner and his production was completely a product of the Eagles' OL and offensive system. The dude knows ball. I had hoped it was just sour grapes. Nope. He was spot on. Sanders sucks and Philly is still a very good rushing offense.

Hurst shouldn't have been a first round TE, IMO. I don't believe age is all but a TE who is 24 when entering the draft ( when you grade on pass catching and blocking ) is such a stretch. At 24 he was playing against 18-22 year olds. He should look good when blocking and running routes.