• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Didn't Ask For This

Captroop

He ended up with the worst team in the league after all. I feel for the kid and I hope he can forget all of that because you cannot change it. The league is an unforgiving beast that chews up promising players and spits them out annually. The odds were always against him making it in the nfl. Unfortunately his team cannot help him pull out a win on his own as they are reminiscent of a high-school squad.

• Pie 7

It feels like we traded Christian McCaffrey and DJ Moore and got nothing out of it.  I still believe in Bryce (but not with this current team) but we are the worst team in the NFL.  We should have tanked when we had the chance after firing Rivera.  Instead we signed Teddy Bridgewater and the rest is history.  I still believe that offseason ruined this team.  We were in the perfect position to field a bad team (because we were), get the pain over with, and have our pick of the litter, and instead thought it was worth it to sign the most average QB imaginable.

Now we have no choice to tank because the team is that bad.  Brian Burns and Derrick Brown are really our only very good players, and Burns doesn't even have a long-term contract.  And we don't have a 2024 1st round pick.  Absolute failure by this organization and it is painful to be a fan of this mess. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I knew he wasn't going to play well, especially out of the gate. Only worse when you realize that the offense isn't built for him. So... yea. 

The added weight at the combine and not doing drills, then doing drills at pro day but not being weighed shoulda told everyone all they needed to know. 

He plays at 185 and gets down into the low 180s to the high 170's during seasons. 

He doesn't have the size to be in the NFL and I don't mean height. 

If he's successful, he will be the first sub 190 qb to ever be successful In the modern nfl. 

To think he will be successful is putting to much expectations on him to start with.  

Screw everything else. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

I knew he wasn't going to play well, especially out of the gate. Only worse when you realize that the offense isn't built for him. So... yea. 

Thats the biggest problem. His biggest asset supposedly is his processing but we want to call 15 screens a game which only has one option to throw to. We are 0-5, open the damn playbook and let him play, go up tempo, idc if we dont call another screen all season.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

He might not have asked for it, but if he didn't feel he was capable of living up to the expectations then he should've let them know and gracefully bowed out of the runnin for #1.  But he didn't.  So is he gonna return his salary?  No.  So it's hard to feel bad for the guy.

At the same time, the staff and FO believed in him and went all in on him, confident that he was worthy of the #1 overall pick and of being a franchise QB.

So in terms of whether to feel bad for him or not, or considering if expectations were unrealistic or too high - I'm sorry, brother, but this is the modern day NFL.  If we take a player at #1, we expect you to change the direction of our franchise for the better.  We expect you to set the tone and team culture.  For better or worse, that's what comes with being the #1 overall pick now, so it wasn't unfair or unrealistic.  And again, if he didn't feel he could live up to that, he should've let them know in the pre-draft process.

I don't feel bad for him. He'll cry himself to sleep on a bed of money the rest of his life regardless of which trajectory his NFL career takes.

We shat the bed, now we need to sleep in it. And that means rolling back and forth over this pant-leg excretion for the rest of the year.

The absolute worst case scenario is him being shell-shocked into mediocrity if there was any hope of him being our future starter.

• Pie 2

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Thats the biggest problem. His biggest asset supposedly is his processing but we want to call 15 screens a game which only has one option to throw to. We are 0-5, open the damn playbook and let him play, go up tempo, idc if we dont call another screen all season.

I'm not a fan of the screens, but they probably feel it is necessary given the lack of speed on the perimeter.  

I'm not a fan of the play-calling either but I get the screen calls.

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

The added weight at the combine and not doing drills, then doing drills at pro day but not being weighed shoulda told everyone all they needed to know. 

He plays at 185 and gets down into the low 180s to the high 170's during seasons. 

Not doing any drills was a giant red flag and should have pushed him bellow the other 2 QBs alone. If he could have put up half decent measurables none of this would be this bad but he knew what was up. Im sure his agent used the words 'can only lose value'. They practice all of that to perform better, they knew.

• Pie 1

He is a professional Athlete getting paid millions.  He needs to do his job and lead this team, whoever they are, to the best of his ability.  We drafted BY because what we thought he was... cerebral, a leader, etc.... BY in addition to poor play has not shown real leadership or any trait we thought was worth the 1st pick in the draft.  Where is the fire in his belly??  Where has he showed real emotion in the huddle, on the side lines, in press conference???  Haven't seen it.  I hated the pick but the love the panthers, so I do want him to succeed but damn people tired of the excuses.  Just show us something....anything.  Or lets give him a participation trophy cause he shows up cause that's what we do nowadays.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

I'm not sure if everyone else is ready for them to open the playbook.  Bryce is not the only person that has to have full grasp of it. Whatever the issue is they better figure it because the staff in Huston sure has.

• Beer 2