• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does this look familiar?

hepcat

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

blah blah blah he doesn't look athletic 

this is one of the greatest lifters of all time in the offseason

Skinnyfat blues : r/bjj

here is he lifting

Well tell us what Bryce's are.

Not quickness, not arm strength, not a strong core.

The only thing he has is a quick release.

Same thing with Brees, he had to have excellent center and guard play to be successful.  

That's even more important with Young because he's quite a bit smaller. So in the NFL he'll have to have great guar and center play so he can have a clean pocket to throw from otherwise it pretty much eliminates the middle of the field. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I love the caveat you added to the question

I added it for good reason.  Let's take the CJ Henderson trade.  From a purely objective standpoint, CJ Henderson was a brilliant trade.  High 1st rounder, high ceiling, and we got him for a 3rd round pick, which almost certainly would have been a bubble player on our roster.  Objectively speaking we won that trade at the time.  All a GM can do is assemble the roster.  He can't build the scheme and make the players and coaches perform.  

Carolina was widely regarded as a playoff team on paper going into this season because of all the moves that Fitterer made.  Tepper blew it with Bryce Young and it's handicapped this entire roster.

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Same thing with Brees, he had to have excellent center and guard play to be successful.  

That's even more important with Young because he's quite a bit smaller. So in the NFL he'll have to have great guar and center play so he can have a clean pocket to throw from otherwise it pretty much eliminates the middle of the field. 

Brees was also a lot more comfortable taking snaps under center and he could actually QB sneak/ jump over the pile. Much more dynamic player than people remember of his last few years in the league. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

He isn't good.  He has no potential of being good.  

Alright well if he develops and becomes a good player you have to find a new team. Because that is some next level hating on a young man. Every touchdown he throws makes you frown huh.

• Poo 1

9 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

You happen to watch any of Peyton Manning's first season? I was stuck in NW NC and could only get tv broadcast from Bristol, TN. And they made sure to showcase every one of the Tennessee product's games that season.

Wow, he stunk. You knew he was going to be just terrible. And while he was bigger than Bryce (by far), he was about as mobile as a '78 GMC pickup truck with three flat tires. 

Had you been able to bet on it, there's no way anyone would have passed on dropping a few bucks into the "bust" bets column for Peyton. 

And that's repeated again and again. And sometimes those that come out of the blocks with guns blazing and winning like crazy, well, that second year is it for them... the wad is shot. 

We just don't know how this is going to go yet. There's really no way to know.

Yea I saw a few of his games as a rookie. Thing is he didn't get sacked much and he threw the ball down the field when it was tougher for offenses to throw. He had 3700 yards, 26 td and 28 int as a rookie... he definitely showed ton of flashes tho. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Brees was also a lot more comfortable taking snaps under center and he could actually QB sneak/ jump over the pile. Much more dynamic player than people remember of his last few years in the league. 

Oh I know, I was using it as an example because Young will have to have a clean pocket to be successful,  his deep throws are going to come off clean pockets and improvisation.  He's not going to be able to throw very well from a dirty pocket like bigger and stronger qb's can. 

• Beer 1

What I want to know is ... all these diehard Young defenders, are they Bama stans? Panthers homers? There has to be an answer. Even NAS just said we took the wrong QB. AceBoogie gave up last gameday thread. I get that when your QB is supposed to be the star (Cam), you defend him at all costs. But when they suck (everyone else but Jake), you rag on them relentlessly. So why is Bryce getting the star treatment?

• Pie 1