• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you find the Panthers going 0-17 funny?

It would be...  

103 members have voted

1. 1. title

• 100% hilarious
    • No feelings either way
    • THATS NOT FUNNY!!!

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Just pick up Jeff Wilson. He's coming back from IR this week and both Mostert and him will have over 100+ yds each against this sorry run defense.

I got Wilson off waivers last night for that very reason. I'm pretty surprised Mostert and not Achane went down first.

10 hours ago, RockyTopVol said:

What could possibly be funny about that? I'd expect our NFC South rivals to laugh at it, but for fans that actually care about the team succeeding...hell no! 

As someone who is also a Lions fan, I will tell you that having a perfectly imperfect season gets funnier over time.  And heck, the current Lions coach was on that 0'fer team.  So he learned every way that existed to play bad football.  If you ever hear a Lions fan reference "2008 Preseason Champs," its a nod to the 0-16 team.  The Lions were undefeated in preseason in the same year they didn't win a single game during the regular season.

Speaking of which, I will also say that I will be patient with thise regime.  Matt Patricia was one of the worst coaches of all time, and the GM (Bob Quinn) was decent but went to poo once Patricia started giving his input into player decisions.  Guys like Darius Slay and Quandre Diggs (pro bowl defensive backs) were shipped off because Matt Patricia didn't want to deal with their personalities.  The Patricia and Quinn led Lions went 5-11 before being fired.  The next year when the new HC and new GM came onboard, the Lions didn't win a single game until December 5th.  And for the season the new regime somehow lost even more games than the previous staff.

Personally I am interested in seeing how the team finishes the season.  Are they going to fight or are they going to lay down?  I think Frank is a quality coach, but I am not sold on Fitterer.  And as people have already pointed out, Tepper's involvement hurts the situation.  It doesn't help.

Nah - being a Panthers fan is painful enough that 0-17 with no 1st round pick just feels excessively cruel. I'm not a fan of the front office (Dan Morgan excluded) but does anyone really think 0-17 would teach David Tepper a lesson? I think he'd just make more bad decisions and we'd see Chicago draft a generational talent with a pick that should've stayed here.

9 hours ago, jimfear said:

Nah - being a Panthers fan is painful enough that 0-17 with no 1st round pick just feels excessively cruel. I'm not a fan of the front office (Dan Morgan excluded) but does anyone really think 0-17 would teach David Tepper a lesson? I think he'd just make more bad decisions and we'd see Chicago draft a generational talent with a pick that should've stayed here.

Or worse fields turns it on, they turn that pick into 5 or 6 draft picks including at least two firsts plus draft MHJ with their own pick. Lmao

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

Or worse fields turns it on, they turn that pick into 5 or 6 draft picks including at least two firsts plus draft MHJ with their own pick. Lmao

Even worse: the team Chicago trades the first overall pick to is a divisional opponent for us.