• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A host on Lions flagship radio proposes Williams + first for Burns

top dawg

13 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

so you think Burns by himself is more valuable than Keeping Brown, Luvu, a 1st and Jameson Williams in this hypothetical trade? I was all for keeping Burns and paying him 28million but at this point I'm not expecting it and feel like he's going to get the tag and trade treatment this offseason. Fan base going downhill is comical? Have you seen the post in this place? I'm an optimist compared to 90% of this place.

Im not talking about any trades. Im talking about the mindset of the fanbase. Every time a player is ready to get paid we seem to want to trade them for picks or a player on a rookie contract.

Im just wondering why are fans against paying our homegrown players?

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not talking about any trades. Im talking about the mindset of the fanbase. Every time a player is ready to get paid we seem to want to trade them for picks or a player on a rookie contract.

I don't think that's true on the whole. There are alwaysfans that think X player is overrated/not worth the money/etc, and they are frequently outspoken. It gets a lot of attention around here because big players are just that - big.

I think it's also a symptom of the state of the team sucking for so long. It's like a perpetual rebuild/state of purgatory, and one way to dig out is to maximize and spread the value of the players a team has. Carolina's FO has also happened to suck at it for the past decade.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

People rioted when we paid Shaq. We also historically pay our all stars: Cam, Luke, Moton, CMC, DJ. 

I'd be all for paying Burns if we were close, but an above average DE does not move the needle at all for this team, a Lions first could possibly get you the best guard or the 3rd WR in the next draft which does a lot more for this particular team. 

24 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm all for paying Burns, Should of done it last year. Pay him, Pay Brown, Pay Luvu. But they do dumb things like pay Donte Jackson, pay Miles Sanders, pay Shuttle who has been a dud.

• Flames 1

I keep thinking of this place shitting on Fitt for the CJ Henderson and a 5th for Arnold and a 3rd trade. 

That was a year removed from CJ being a top 10 pick. 

Now a lot of people are okay trading for Williams based on his draft status, while showing far less than CJ had in the NFL.

I would love to take a flyer on Williams, but the inconsistency is pretty funny. 

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

I keep thinking of this place shitting on Fitt for the CJ Henderson and a 5th for Arnold and a 3rd trade. 

That was a year removed from CJ being a top 10 pick. 

Now a lot of people are okay trading for Williams based on his draft status, while showing far less than CJ had in the NFL.

I would love to take a flyer on Williams, but the inconsistency is pretty funny. 

I want my teams GM trying those low risk high reward type trades. I loved that move. 

Same would go if fitts able to buy low on what many called the best WR form the 2022 class. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't think Burns wants to be hear anymore.  We might as well trade him off for a decent return.  

Didnt he start a new charity this past year?

I think him and the army around him want every nickle close to 30per million. No hometown discount.

I still say tag and go form there.