• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football - Week 6

therealmjl

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am getting very annoyed with all these school/conference/national records being broken by 17th year seniors without the announcers mentioning the asterisk that should be associated with having extra playing time that never existed before now.

Bo Nix is a grown adult man playing against 18/19 year olds.

If it's one thing the NCAA needs to fix is the age limit on college sports.

That Gonzaga kid in basketball Time dominated the country. Dude looks 30.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bo Nix is a grown adult man playing against 18/19 year olds.

If it's one thing the NCAA needs to fix is the age limit on college sports.

That Gonzaga kid in basketball Time dominated the country. Dude looks 30.

I don't care at all about the age issue.

If you are eligible, you are eligible.

I am just talking about the extra COVID years causing records to get broken that aren't very legit, IMO. If you grab a record because you played 5 years versus 3 or 4 years, that isn't valid, IMO.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, if they win 7-9 games that is easily one of the best coaching performances of all time. No one has done anything close to what he is doing. I am not sure long term what his success will be but if he can get in that 7-9 win range it will be so clearly the most impressive coaching performance I have ever seen. There literally wouldn't be anything I can think of close to that in my 35+ years of watching college football.

I'd never say it isn't impressive, but I'd stop well short of "most impressive ever" consideration.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Name another situation where you had an 80 player turnover in a year? Literally ever. That is unprecedented without it being a new program. 

I'd chalk that up to it's just never happened before so you can't compare it to anything else. Deion brought a LOT of talent with him. It's not like he's coaching an entire slew of nobodies. He has some very good players on that team. If you start from scratch, but you have good ingredients, is it really that impressive?

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, if they win 7-9 games that is easily one of the best coaching performances of all time. No one has done anything close to what he is doing. I am not sure long term what his success will be but if he can get in that 7-9 win range it will be so clearly the most impressive coaching performance I have ever seen. There literally wouldn't be anything I can think of close to that in my 35+ years of watching college football.

Someone still hasn’t come back to Earth. 

59 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think people are way overdoing it. All 22 if his starters were starting somewhere last year. It's not like he took over a bad program and coached the kids up. He left all those kids hung out to dry and told them to fug off. Kind of like he did at Prime Prep Academy when kids couldn't get academic eligibility because Prime Prep Academy was just an outright scam.

Deion is a piece of poo and this celebration is gonna end badly. Deion is gonna do what Deion does and it'll fug over a lot of kids in the process.

I'm honestly surprised a school like CU fell for this. It'll end badly for them.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'd chalk that up to it's just never happened before so you can't compare it to anything else. Deion brought a LOT of talent with him. It's not like he's coaching an entire slew of nobodies. He has some very good players on that team. If you start from scratch, but you have good ingredients, is it really that impressive?

Transfer rule changes have changed the game

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think people are way overdoing it. All 22 if his starters were starting somewhere last year. It's not like he took over a bad program and coached the kids up. He left all those kids hung out to dry and told them to fug off. Kind of like he did at Prime Prep Academy when kids couldn't get academic eligibility because Prime Prep Academy was just an outright scam.

Deion is a piece of poo and this celebration is gonna end badly. Deion is gonna do what Deion does and it'll fug over a lot of kids in the process.

I'm honestly surprised a school like CU fell for this. It'll end badly for them.

The worst was JSU. He comes in, brings in talent, they have an amazing season, then he jets. Ok, it happens. Buuuuut ... he takes some of their best players with him. Basically saying, screw you JSU. He didn't want to be there from the start. He was GREAT for HBCUs. Could've really started something. Nope. Only cares about Deion.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The worst was JSU. He comes in, brings in talent, they have an amazing season, then he jets. Ok, it happens. Buuuuut ... he takes some of their best players with him. Basically saying, screw you JSU. He didn't want to be there from the start. He was GREAT for HBCUs. Could've really started something. Nope. Only cares about Deion.

Wonder how many kids got left high and dry there when he bolted after they came there on Deion's pitch about building up HBCU, etc. Deion was all about HBCU until a better opportunity came knocking.

Deion is all about Deion. Everyone else is just supporting cast in the Prime Show.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Man you guys find anything to hate on Deion.

Blame the kids for following Deion. He didn't force them to go there. Also we act like Travis Hunter couldn't have gone to any school in America. He was the #1 overall recruit and chose to play for Deion at JSU.

What Deion is doing is no different from any other coach. People just love to hate because it's Deion.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wonder how many kids got left high and dry there when he bolted after they came there on Deion's pitch about building up HBCU, etc. Deion was all about HBCU until a better opportunity came knocking.

Deion is all about Deion. Everyone else is just supporting cast in the Prime Show.

Deion is all about Deion.

Yet you keep acting like he isn't. If you accept him for what he is you wouldn't be trashing him every Saturday. It's okay to admit you hate a guy.