• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Reich, Tepper, Fitterer and Ben Johnson

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Dallas Cowboys under Jerry Jones ownership have also won 3 Super Bowls, so I think the equivalency here isn’t very accurate.

Didn't he win those with the coach and lots of players he inherited with the purchase in 1989 and then kicked him out and then started the SB drought after those 3 wins?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Didn't he win those with the coach and lots of players he inherited with the purchase in 1989 and then kicked him out and then started the SB drought after those 3 wins?

They have a total of 5 playoff wins since their last SB in 1995. 5-12. 

We have 9 in that same span. 9-8. Then entered David Tepper...

Not sure I'd be holding them up as some shining beacon though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Is there anyone left who still want to try to pretend that Tepper isn't constantly meddling?

i didn't get the sense from those comments that he's meddling...just that he has the heat turned up and the pressure on. if that's meddling, i'm ok with that. 

i don't see a problem with an owner demanding results from the guys he's paying a poo ton of money to, especially after this past offseason. he through a LOT of money at coaches and he's seeing this kind of result? I don't think it's unreasonable to step up the pressure on reich and company. to do anything but that would show a flippant attitude towards the team. i would rather see that than an owner who throws money at it and then just sits back and doesn't care what happens or shows no ability/desire to hold his employees accountable after that. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

fuging YIKESSSSSSSSSS

IDK how much to take from this. 1 thing that stuck out to me the most tho is that Reich and McCown wanted Stroud and I think we all remember how bad McCown was over Stroud pre-draft. and also the draft call to Bryce when Tepper told him about them needing a QB and them wanting him the year prior to us even having the #1 pick kinda aligns with what is being said. And if so..  this is badddd

• Pie 2

Just now, rayzor said:

i didn't get the sense from those comments that he's meddling...just that he has the heat turned up and the pressure on. if that's meddling, i'm ok with that. 

i don't see a problem with an owner demanding results from the guys he's paying a poo ton of money to, especially after this past offseason. he through a LOT of money at coaches and he's seeing this kind of result? I don't think it's unreasonable to step up the pressure on reich and company. to do anything but that would show a flippant attitude towards the team. i would rather see that than an owner who throws money at it and then just sits back and doesn't care what happens or shows no ability/desire to hold his employees accountable after that. 

But if it's not working at some point you have to reevaluate. It's clearly not working.

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's working 1000%. We just can't see it yet.

Maybe David Tepper needs to understand that accountability starts in the mirror.

I’m not arguing Tepper is doing good. But holding Reich accountable for his coaching failures is something I want to see. If I was the owner I would also ask what the heck is going on and what he would do about it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But if it's not working at some point you have to reevaluate. It's clearly not working.

reich is the one that needs to reevaluate. it's tepper's responsibility to let reich know that what he's doing isn't enough and he needs to get that poo figured out.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t think an owner asking his coaches and administration why they suck ass and meeting with them to understand what is going on is “ meddling” - like someone said it’s holding your employees, highly paid employees, accountable. 

meddling would be Fitt and Reich saying hey Tepp we don’t like BY as a prospect and we all agree that Stroud is better and want him and then Tepper telling Fitt to draft BY or he is fired. 

There is a rumor that Steve Smith hated Jeff Davidson and went whining to Richardson about him and Richardson told Davidson that if he ever spoke directly to Smith again that he would be fired. That is meddling. 

The meddling is Tep wanting to be in every meeting about football ops and injecting his opinion all the time. These decisions are made by "committee" of Frank, Fitt and Tepp (& Nicole apparently) but really we all know whose opinion matters the most (the one who's the least qualified)