• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tanking as a strategy

NAS

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I mean the Eagles tanked their last game a few years ago to “see what a third stringer had” and the players called out the coach for it, the coach got fired, and the Eagles had been consistently good after that. 

The Miami tank worked just like the Bears last year. Miami even won some meaningless games so they took Tua at 5 but that huge Tunsil trade was the backbone (traded one of the 1sts from Tunsil for 3 1sts from 49ers) of their rebuild. This forum would have freaked if we gave up a star LT for picks but Miami is now a consistent winner because of it.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I believe in Bryce Young personally and if you have the QB that’s a good start.  It will take a while to build the roster (provided we find people that know talent)

The concern is we are just mimicking Chicago. By the time we have any real major talent on offense around Bryce he’s in year 3 or 4 and we are going through talks of drafting another or picking up the 5th year option. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

The concern is we are just mimicking Chicago. By the time we have any real major talent on offense around Bryce he’s in year 3 or 4 and we are going through talks of drafting another or picking up the 5th year option. 

Maybe…if we don’t draft much better it won’t work out regardless.  Like I said, I believe in him and not close to giving up on him.  

That is a concern with every rookie QB.  Most struggle mightily at first

Edited by Shocker

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Maybe…if we don’t draft much better it won’t work out regardless.  Like I said, I believe in him and not close to giving up on him.  

Right…the picks are already sunk cost. Best scenario by far is we unlock his potential. Scariest part to me is though Frank is undoubtedly a nice guy and all that he seems like a terrible fit to do that. Hopefully Bryce is resilient enough not to get David Carr’d. I’ve been wanting someone from the Shanahan tree forever…that offense just seems to work everywhere it goes. They need to just turn the kid loose and let him find his rhythm. He’s looked best in no huddle and hurry up offense and our running game isn’t good enough for ball control/defensive football…fug it go run n shoot at this point and just get him reps. 

Edited by poorboysrev

the problem becomes the artificial delusion your team hasn’t earned their draft spot. people just don’t want to admit this team has been garbage for years, so when we have a player or pick of value the idea is to trade him for the piece we’re missing.

in reality this team is in fact garbage and needs to stay put taking losses and the proper place in the draft.

trading players/picks or winning meaningless late season games to delude yourself into thinking you’re something else will come back to fug you (fit), and hold you back for years to come. all time great coaches did things appropriately and understood this.

some fans just refuse to accept it.