• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are YOU ready for the Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud showdown in 2 weeks?

It'll be my first game since moving to North Carolina in August, with the last being Cam's return to BOA. Despite our awful record, I'm looking forward to the game and can't wait to see a few legends inducted to the Panthers Hall of Honor (Peppers and Mooooose)

• Beer 1

The game will be eye opening to anyone without an agenda. If you watch the Texans play, you'll easily notice that Stroud isn't asked to carry the team like Bryce is. If you just look at highlights and stats, then you don't really see how effective their run game is. You don't see how many gimme's CJ misses. You don't see the degree of separation his targets get, particularly compared to Carolina's receivers. They are in 2 completely different situations. I mean it's really not remotely the same, and an unfair comparison. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Navy_football said:

The game will be eye opening to anyone without an agenda. If you watch the Texans play, you'll easily notice that Stroud isn't asked to carry the team like Bryce is. If you just look at highlights and stats, then you don't really see how effective their run game is. You don't see how many gimme's CJ misses. You don't see the degree of separation his targets get, particularly compared to Carolina's receivers. They are in 2 completely different situations. I mean it's really not remotely the same, and an unfair comparison. 

As a Texans fan here I don't know what an "effective run game" means to you but our 3.2 ypc on the year is putrid. Plus Stroud is throwing guys open- we don't exactly have a true #1 wr. You are correct in that he does miss some freebees. 

And granted the Panthers traded up, but if you're selecting in the top 10 your situation isn't exactly good. This isn't even a Bryce Vs Stroud thing for me as I wanted to draft BY. 

He seems like a good dude, someone easy to root for. Yeah I questioned his size like everyone but all players have something to overcome. The Texans having competent coaching for the first time since Gary Kubiak helps but any Texans fan that thought we'd be 3-3 going into the bye is straight up lying. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Yeah this notion that Stroud is playing on the NFL version of his old Ohio St team is laughable. You guys need to stop trying so hard to cope with reality. The Texans have some good players in certain spots and they seem to have hired the right coach. But Stroud is elevating those around him just as he did in college. Even a casual observer should be able to see that. In time hopefully Bryce can prove to do the same.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

That game will be brutal 

Not just the Bruce vs Stroud but tons of other narratives too.

Stroud has only been sacked once since week 2 and the Saints only touched him twice yesterday.

So the Burns and Brown vs their “backup” OL will be brutal to witness too.

Tank Dell will roast Donte a handful of times while TMJ and Mingo put on their Halloween Ghost costumes

Edited by ncfan

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

If you think 3.2 is putrid

I’m not sure what you’d call our big FA signing/Starting RB avg 1.5 ypc

Excuse me as I just vomited a bit in my mouth! Yeah that's bad. Fyi I didn't come here to crap on the panthers. I live in NC now but I lived in Texas for 30 years. As a former Oilers fan now Texans fan I haven't even experienced an AFC championship game. 

So yeah no smack talk from me. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, As1459 said:

Excuse me as I just vomited a bit in my mouth! Yeah that's bad. Fyi I didn't come here to crap on the panthers. I live in NC now but I lived in Texas for 30 years. As a former Oilers fan now Texans fan I haven't even experienced an AFC championship game. 

So yeah no smack talk from me. 

His season avg is right at 3 but a lot of that was due to his week 1 outing 

12 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I’m not sure where you are getting the run game being effective in Houston. 

They are 7th in the NFL in passing yards per game. They have the 9th worst rushing yards per game at 88. Carolina averages 10 more rushing yards per game. 

Pierce for the Texans averages 2.9 a carry. Miles Sanders averages 3.1. Pierces season long is 15 yards. Miles Sanders long is 15 yards. Chuba has a long of 21 and averages like 4.5 a carry. 

Their run game has been less effective than ours. Our team even has 2 “big” runs of over 20+ yards and 2 rushing TDs. Houston has 0 big runs and 1 rushing TD. 

• Pie 2