• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To all who wanted Richardson gone

bobcat91

8 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

JR wasn't forced to sell though, right? He just caved to the crazy PR pressure. He could promoted a family member to run things a la Nicole Tepper 

Correct, not forced to sell, but the media onslaught with the embarrassment it brought to the team, League and his family, Jerry took the quick and less messy way out.

He could have fought to keep the team considering the infractions were, on the grand scale of things, very minor, but he chose to make the situation go away as soon as possible.  Remember, he set a self-imposed deadline for the sale to ensure a quick resolution for everyone involved.  I also remember Tepper not having the highest bid, but that's who the League wanted.

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Correct, not forced to sell, but the media onslaught with the embarrassment it brought to the team, League and his family, Jerry took the quick and less messy way out.

He could have fought to keep the team considering the infractions were, on the grand scale of things, very minor, but he chose to make the situation go away as soon as possible.  Remember, he set a self-imposed deadline for the sale to ensure a quick resolution for everyone involved.  I also remember Tepper not having the highest bid, but that's who the League wanted.

he had just gotten a heart transplant so he knew his days were numbered so might as well sell so he could facilitate the terms

Just now, SZ James (banned) said:

This has always been a poverty franchise, we don't need to act like it wasn't under Richardson. Dude did not give a fug about Charlotte/Carolina and consistently pledged his loyalty to the NFL corporation over anything else.

The reason he dedicated his time and energy to bring a franchise here, right? Totally makes sense.  Too many people put too much stock in the midfield logo thing. 

Ultimately the organization and League he loved stabbed him in the back.

• Pie 2

One thing I will say about Richardson,he loved the team and was devoted to North Carolina. He was a football guy 100%. He got an NFL franchise to the Carolina's. I don't think the same can be said about Tepper. More of an investment and a toy.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

If half of the misogynistic and racist poo we heard about him was true, that mother fuger had to go.

Can I get a recap?  Here's what I remember reading that was made public: Allegedly tapped girls on the tushy, one saying he bushed her side boob while holding open a door for her and the racist thing was saying a scout had a really wide nose--who happened to be black.

That was the extent I can recall that was made public.  Now, is that bad, sure.  Bad enough to shame into selling a team?  No. Could it have been worse? Sure, but I can't recall it and how the media loves sensationalism, I don't they held back any of the explicit details assuming there were more egregious acts.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The reason he dedicated his time and energy to bring a franchise here, right? Totally makes sense.  Too many people put too much stock in the midfield logo thing. 

Ultimately the organization and League he loved stabbed him in the back.

No it was more the thing where he deliberately sabotaged and tanked the team after the leading the owner strike in 2011.   

Also the league didn't stab him in the back- he voluntarily left in shame

Edited by SZ James (banned)

Just now, SZ James (banned) said:

No it was more the thing where he deliberately sabotaged and tanked the team after the leading the owner strike in 2011.   

That got us Cam Newton and over a decade of labor peace.  I can see why you are so upset.

JR did bring football here which he will forever get credit for. But he was loyal to the league to a fault even when they bent us over and went in dry with their refs over and over and over. He also was a condescending curmudgeon during the lockout. He thought the league would never turn on him after all those years of total loyalty. He was wrong. Not only did they completely fug him over they forced the sale to egomaniac David Tepper who thinks he knows how to run a sports franchise without any outside help.

Edited by frankw