• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is going to be a good QB btw...

Zod

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Reich and Fitterer must go.

The Tua comp makes sense on the surface but Tua's YPA is basically twice what Bryce Young's is and that has to change regardless of all extenuating circumstances.

Rookie and even 2nd season is much closer, but yeah Tua’s is higher.

I said it a few weeks ago that I fully believe he'll end up as somewhere around the 20th best QB in the league.

Which isn't horrible, but that's also not worth what we traded to get him.

That's not a franchise QB, that's the type of QB who bounces around from team to team to be their QB placeholder while a rookie is on the bench or while still looking for your future franchise QB.

The Teddy Two Gloves, Baker Mayfields, Jacoby Brissetts, etc, of the world.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

They wanted a point guard, they got a point guard.  In the right offense, Bryce could be very good.  In an offense that's about taking shots down field and going vertical versus horizontal...he'll bust.

I see our offense as exactly the opposite.  We are trying to be much more of a West Coast Spread type offense.  Our favorite formation are 1x3.  We throw a ton of passes to receivers who are practically behind the line of scrimmage. 

Reich never meet a mesh route he didn't love.  Not taking shots or going vertical is a huge problem but it's not at all our offense.  As you say Bryce's skill set is not be having a huge arm and taking deep shots.  Of course he'd bust in that type of offense.  In the offense we're trying to build, conceptually, he'll thrive which is why I agree with you that in the right offense, he'll be very good.

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

Reich and Fitterer must go.

The Tua comp makes sense on the surface but Tua's YPA is basically twice what Bryce Young's is and that has to change regardless of all extenuating circumstances.

Well when you got hill and waddle running free or fast ass rbs on wheels and such it makes it easy

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

They wanted a point guard, they got a point guard.  In the right offense, Bryce could be very good.  In an offense that's about taking shots down field and going vertical versus horizontal...he'll bust.

Then that's not a first overall pick.

Have you asked yourself where this point guard talk came about? It's a nice way of saying game manager. Has anyone ever held the top pick and told the world all they seek with it is a game manager?

Tepper and his yes men are bumbling idiots.

• Pie 6
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I said it a few weeks ago that I fully believe he'll end up as somewhere around the 20th best QB in the league.

Which isn't horrible, but that's also not worth what we traded to get him.

That's not a franchise QB, that's the type of QB who bounces around from team to team to be their QB placeholder while a rookie is on the bench or while still looking for your future franchise QB.

The Teddy Two Gloves, Baker Mayfields, Jacoby Brissetts, etc, of the world.

My comp would be Ty Detmer in his two seasons with Philly.  Not a horrible QB and very serviceable, but not your franchise QB.

• Beer 1

the TD throw to Thielan was nasty, just over the defender right in the bucket, it was a thing of beauty.  There has been a lot to like, but the cast around is still complete poo and defense has run out of juice with too many injuries.  I truly hope Reich is fired during the bye week, if anyone should be humiliated it should be him.

• Beer 1