• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A moment of silence for PSL Holders….

TheBigKat

Yeah it's not an easy decision now. It used to be something you'd chalk up to oh well, it's a bad season, we are in it for the long haul, etc.  

Don't expect any good advice in this thread though - you'll get judged because you don't want to walk away from how many ever thousands of dollars you threw out initially to have the right to buy those tickets at face value. They'll tell you that you support mediocrity and are part of the problem if you continue to buy the tickets and go to the games and that you should eat the cost of the PSLs to "send a message" which basically means that Tepper and co. can sell them to some other ticket broker or corporation. But if you sell your tickets to opposing fans to break even (because let's face it, there aren't Panthers fans who are paying face value these days), then it's your fault that there's no home field advantage and that is a contributing factor to us continuing to lose more games and then they'll move the team and god just be supportive, ugh. 

I've resigned myself to show up to the games and torture myself so that at least I won't have a cowboys fan buying $13 bud lights and having a good time which puts money in tepper's pocket - but do my eating and drinking before the game, buy nothing in the stadium. 

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

Yeah it's not an easy decision now. It used to be something you'd chalk up to oh well, it's a bad season, we are in it for the long haul, etc.  

Don't expect any good advice in this thread though - you'll get judged because you don't want to walk away from how many ever thousands of dollars you threw out initially to have the right to buy those tickets at face value. They'll tell you that you support mediocrity and are part of the problem if you continue to buy the tickets and go to the games and that you should eat the cost of the PSLs to "send a message" which basically means that Tepper and co. can sell them to some other ticket broker or corporation. But if you sell your tickets to opposing fans to break even (because let's face it, there aren't Panthers fans who are paying face value these days), then it's your fault that there's no home field advantage and that is a contributing factor to us continuing to lose more games and then they'll move the team and god just be supportive, ugh. 

I've resigned myself to show up to the games and torture myself so that at least I won't have a cowboys fan buying $13 bud lights and having a good time which puts money in tepper's pocket - but do my eating and drinking before the game, buy nothing in the stadium. 

Yep.  I’m tied into the end of next year.  I had hoped when they change was made from Ron to Rhule, a qb would be+drafted. Stupid 

I got a signed McCaffrey helmet for my trouble lol

Add to it, I had an unexpected move this year, so I sell them for whatever the market will bear and I feel not bad about it at all.

had the seats since 2000 and bought individual tickets since 1995

i used to enjoy it   No more   Living through Capers, Siefert, Fox, Rivera, Rhule, know this, I regret renewing but I should’ve known  better 

everything has a season 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I legitimately do feel bad for PSL holders. That sucks. They're useless. I don't even blame the folks for selling them to opposing fans these days.

It is unfortunately the only way we can get a fraction of our money back. I take a loss each year I sell tickets. It sucks!!

I gave up my PSLs before last season when it was announced that Rhule was coming back.  Also, Tepper has run this thing into the ground.  I got excited by the coaching staff only to be let down by the trade to #1.  I knew right then and there this was going to be a long, long season. It's actually worse than I imagined.

My wife and I were original season ticket PSL owners from 1995 to 2008. NFL went to flex scheduling and since we live in Columbia, we were missing games. Sold them in 2009 prior to Clausen and made money. Lucky break. 
Even when the team returned to success, it was cheaper to buy selective game tickets than reinvest in a PSL.

I couldn't even get a bite at a grand per seat last year when I tried to sell them.  It came time to buy tickets again and I let them go.   The headache of going to the games was getting old, not to mention the money spent (crap isn't getting any cheaper).  All the good north side parking lots got gobbled up for development over the past several years. Tailgate buddies started to go their separate ways too; it was just time.  Oh yeah, the product on the field sucked.  That made it a lot less painful to part with the PSLs.

• Flames 1