• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich handing over playcalling to Brown

UNCrules2187

8 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

So our stupid meddling owner that should never make another football decision is responsible for this popular move that the HC said he was going to make before the season started? Lol Don’t ever change, huddle.

No coach is going to stand there and say Tepper said I had to do it.  Nor would Tepper want that.   None of that would square. 

and you know it wasn’t the truth with Frank’s bullshit reasoning of why he decided now…..when he claimed he finally had the offense in a rhythm as the justification.   No one that follows football believes the Panthers offense is finally in a rhythm lol.   They got blanked the last 3 quarters vs a meh defense.  That’s a bold face lie.  

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

It's common knowledge that the first ~15 offensive plays or so are scripted by coaching staffs, then the playcalling becomes a game of chess. I think once Reich went through what the offensive staff scripted together, he reverted to his playcalling which seems to lean more pass oriented.

I think the fake punt was scripted too. We weren't expecting to be ahead the first time we punted the ball lol

Interesting how many here think:

One of Reich's big downfalls is that he shouldn't be calling plays and managing the games

AND

If Brown calling the plays causes the offense to look better, Reich should be fired and promote Brown to head coach.

I don't quite get that round of thinking.

100% agree that Reich should have handed play calling duties over earlier.

Hopefully this works out and helps with game management and play calling. Let Reich direct traffic and Brown concentrate on calling plays. Agree that the bye week is a great time to make this change.  Maybe we get a couple guys healthy and scrap up a couple wins.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

So our stupid meddling owner that should never make another football decision is responsible for this popular move that the HC said he was going to make before the season started? Lol Don’t ever change, huddle.

I wish I could pie this twice.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Have you listened to anything this idiot of a coach has said?  Do you really think he knows what he is doing?  I don't, and don't really care how this decision came about, it needed to happen now. 

13 hours ago, bigjohn said:

Interesting how many here think:

One of Reich's big downfalls is that he shouldn't be calling plays and managing the games

AND

If Brown calling the plays causes the offense to look better, Reich should be fired and promote Brown to head coach.

I don't quite get that round of thinking.

100% agree that Reich should have handed play calling duties over earlier.

Hopefully this works out and helps with game management and play calling. Let Reich direct traffic and Brown concentrate on calling plays. Agree that the bye week is a great time to make this change.  Maybe we get a couple guys healthy and scrap up a couple wins.

There are other issues I don't like about Reich's coaching style and game management.  But we'll see.  I definitely don't think he needs to be fired yet.  

18 hours ago, 45catfan said:

If Tepper really wanted a win, he'd tell Frank to start Dalton.  It's not about wins right now rather than developing Young and to prove to everyone that Bryce was the correct choice HE made.

The great Andy Dalton who couldn’t get a win against a bottom 5 pass defense while throwing 60 times with a healthy defense backing him. Let that poo go

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

The great Andy Dalton who couldn’t get a win against a bottom 5 pass defense while throwing 60 times with a healthy defense backing him. Let that poo go

99% of people here know Dalton is a steaming pile of poo as a starter. The want our #1 pick to make him look like a distant memory though. Bryce and company can start doing that next Sunday against the Texans and Stroud.

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

99% of people here know Dalton is a steaming pile of poo as a starter. The want our #1 pick to make him look like a distant memory though. Bryce and company can start doing that next Sunday against the Texans and Stroud.

honestly i think people are just impatient and want to win something. With Dalton, until very recently was our only time our offense was somewhat clicking for a moment. Some also don't want to destroy BY's confidence and end up like Sam Darnold.

Just now, br2nc0 said:

honestly i think people are just impatient and want to win something. With Dalton, until very recently was our only time our offense was somewhat clicking for a moment. Some also don't want to destroy BY's confidence and end up like Sam Darnold.

I can understand the hesitation but with what we invested in him he's just going to have to work through it and hopefully become a better seasoned QB from it.

Honestly with Darnold the Jets probably gave him one year too many. He just didn't have it.