• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scenario: You’re our GM

WarHeel

It’s evident we have many holes to fill and the ball was dropped in management of trade requests prior to the draft. 

To think we could have had Burns for 2 1st rounders and we didn’t jump on it makes me sick to my stomach.

We have no 1st round pick in 2024.

We have traded away our two best offensive weapons in Christian and DJ. Currently our best performer is a guy who was really brought in with the intention of a veteran presence and sure hands for short yardage and 3rd down situations.

I’ve seen speculation of different players on the defense that could be traded such as Chinn, Horn, Jackson, but in reality teams are not necessarily going to come knocking for guys that A) have injury history or B) aren’t going to be able to contribute for the next 4-5 weeks.

Burns makes the most sense to deal, even now retrospectively. 

That being said, what’s the lowest price you take for Burns?

One first round pick? Two first rounders? Combo of a 1st and higher round pick? Straight up player swap?

What is even realistic at this point now that our leverage has taken a huge hit?

Will they even trade Burns at this point?

Thoughts? 

• Poo 1

No one is going to give us a first for Burns ... now. We thought we were going to be hot s**t, but forgot who we really are ... the Panthers. Get whatever you can for him, Chinn, Jackson, TMJ, Horn, etc. and start drafting your future. If Young does have a future, he'll come to form the same time these new draftees will. In other words, Playoffs in 3-4 years. But ... will we draft the right ones?

Awkward Hogs GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

If I was the GM I would trade anyone I could for draft picks.  Nobody would be safe.  I would have a 2 year rebuild plan with hopes of being competitive by 2025.

How this team was built and the players on it have absolutely no chance of doing anything of significance.  We need a ton of draft capital and we dont need to be giving contracts out to guys like Horn, Brown, Luvu etc since we are so far away from have a competent roster.  Weve been needing a complete tear down since 2019.  There is simply no way around it and it starts with trading burns for multiple picks spread out of 2 or 3 drafts.  Then do the same with brown and keep moving down the line.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

It pisses me off that we traded cmac but not moore and burns last year.  We could have had an insane number of first and second round picks to get this started right.  Instead we do a half ass rebuild and the dumb fuging GM said not only was the roster better then last year but we could win the division.  Anyone with a brain could look at this roster before the season and see how shitty we were top to bottom.  Why the owners, coaches and gm didnt see it makes me truly question the leadership of this team

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If I was the GM I would trade anyone I could for draft picks.  Nobody would be safe.  I would have a 2 year rebuild plan with hopes of being competitive by 2025.

How this team was built and the players on it have absolutely no chance of doing anything of significance.  We need a ton of draft capital and we dont need to be giving contracts out to guys like Horn, Brown, Luvu etc since we are so far away from have a competent roster.  Weve been needing a complete tear down since 2019.  There is simply no way around it and it starts with trading burns for multiple picks spread out of 2 or 3 drafts.  Then do the same with brown and keep moving down the line.

I agree with this but we should keep Brown. He's young enough.

• Pie 1

I'm not trading Burns unless a Rams offer comes back around again. I'd prefer to find some help for him, especially at NT to occupy some of these double/triple teams he's facing. 

First guy I'm looking to trade is Jackson and rebuild this CB unit. I'm still holding out hope that Horn can bounce back, but finding a true CB in the draft to put across from him and/or insurance if he gets hurt again next year is priority 1 for me.

1 minute ago, Soul Rebel said:

I'm not trading Burns unless a Rams offer comes back around again. I'd prefer to find some help for him, especially at NT to occupy some of these double/triple teams he's facing. 

First guy I'm looking to trade is Jackson and rebuild this CB unit. I'm still holding out hope that Horn can bounce back, but finding a true CB in the draft to put across from him and/or insurance if he gets hurt again next year is priority 1 for me.

We’ve wasted his career he’s going to be 27/28 before this team is worth a poo   

Their roster is so poorly built anyone is worth trading. The LT doesn't match the QBs needed system, make that most on the healthy oline. Burns is hidden in a 3-4 switch going meh. CBs are injury factories. The WRs are old or nonexistent. There are so many meh contracts and players it would be impossible to throw a shoe and not hit one when they are on the field.

I would just target 2025 and trade anyone that can be moved for assets in 2025. Get a new GM/HC combo and let them do a trial run in 24 with a lot of prove it guys so we can keep and build on that because I don't see anything worth building on currently.

• Pie 3

I’d take a first for Burns. Would not trade Horn. Take anything for Chinn or TMJ. Keep Jackson.

Offensively it’s still not THAT bad. You move Icky to LG. Get Brady to play LT next year or find a serviceable FA. The big swing  is a big, fast, WR, got to have it. RB should be easy, there better ones on their couches on Sundays.

Bozeman started the season out of shape. That motherfuger needs to host conditioning parties not Halloween parties. He’s got to put in the work or he’ll be out the door 

Edited by Swaggasaurus