• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Burns would never garner 2 1st's. That is an insane price for someone like him. That was a once in a lifetime haul that we will never see again.

The reality is that we might get a first rounder for him if we are lucky. Has nothing to do with his talent level. His contract is ending and he wants a fuging pile of money(literally driven by the haul we turned down for him). All anyone has to do is wait it out. He'll either be moved due to holding out in the next couple of seasons or he'll be a free agent.

100% of our leverage with him and on the trade market is gone. We mis-played our hand and now every player at the table sees our cards.

Never? We were offered that and more last year.

leverage is still completely there, you’re acting like the franchise tag doesn’t exist man

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Oh yay here comes Jerry Judy's overrated ass. Steve Smith was exactly right about him

Didn't you already say that? 

Keep in mind that Smith was going to apologize to Jeudy for referring to him as JAG. Jeudy may be overrated based upon his draft position and expectations, but he isn't without talent. Michael Irving and Keyshaun Johnson even alluded to his talent, early career injuries and  QB situation, making a parallel with 89's career. 

I will admit that reports about his work ethic is concerning, but I don't think that anyone can deny his talent and the relative cheap cost of his acquisition.

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't believe this. We'll get at least a first. Young effective edge rushers aren't a dime a dozen. We'll get at least a first and a second if not two firsts.

We SHOULD  get a first rounder for him. I believe there is almost no scenario we get two firsts. That ship sailed.

4 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Never? We were offered that and more last year.

leverage is still completely there, you’re acting like the franchise tag doesn’t exist man

Yeah, hence why we were morons to turn it down. That isn't coming around again.

The tag has no value if the player doesn't want to be here. Burns will either hold out or just wait until he can leave on his own. 

So in a situation where we have no ability to resign a guy, how do you think those negotiations with other teams are going to go? The teams that know we have no choice but to move him for SOMETHING just to make sure we don't let him walk with no compensation.

This poo isn't checkers, it's chess. The Panthers are playing tic tac toe.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Didn't you already say that? 

Keep in mind that Smith was going to apologize to Jeudy for referring to him as JAG. Jeudy may be overrated based upon his draft position and expectations, but he isn't without talent. Michael Irving and Keyshaun Johnson even alluded to his talent, early career injuries and  QB situation, making a parallel with 89's career. 

I will admit that reports about his work ethic is concerning, but I don't think that anyone can deny his talent and the relative cheap cost of his acquisition.

I dont know did I ? Did it post me twice? The site has been acting very weird on my phone.

He has some talent but he could only hope to even be half the monster Steve Smith was. I wouldnt make him a number 1 or anywhere close but he could be an added piece I am sure. I definitely wouldnt give up much for him though especially with that work ethic in question.

We should be purely sellers at this point.  The season is toast.  If the staff is committed to playing Bryce even to a hypothetical 0-17 record, a couple of meaningless victories, at best, while acquiring more long-term debt is doubling down on dumb.  The front office needs to own the bad season and stop trying to stick bubble gum on leaky pipes.  Screwing up the future trying to save face by trading FOR players is bewildering.  You make those trades when you are in the hunt for the postseason. The only hunt we are in is trying to find the light switch to see how to get out of the basement.

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We should be purely sellers at this point.  The season is toast.  If the staff is committed to playing Bryce even to a hypothetical 0-17 record, a couple of meaningless victories, at best, while acquiring more long-term debt is doubling down on dumb.  The front office needs to own the bad season and stop trying to stick bubble gum on leaky pipes.  Screwing up the future trying to save face by trading FOR players is bewildering.  You make those trades when you are in the hunt for the postseason. The only hunt we are in is trying to find the light switch to see how to get out of the basement.

There is no point in which you should say "no" to a good value, season over or not. Every transaction is about value. Moreover, if the goal is to ultimately give Bryce Young a legit weapon to aid in his development, there are worse ideas.

Edited by top dawg