• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

32 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

We won’t get the value now, but not trading him last year for 2 1sts and pick 36 was the big mistake. We should have prioritized weapons for a QB that we knew we’d be taking in this past draft. Signing a $30M a year edge rusher was not smart for the future instead of building around the QB.

We can probably still get 2 firsts if we wanted to. Market is always there for top end edge rushers. I know there was the Ravens 1st and a 3rd talk a week or so ago, but that was an overly optimistic Ravens site I think. Which would be an absolutely terrible gage for actual value

my guess is Burns is still at least two 1sts at least right now

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

We can probably still get 2 firsts if we wanted to. Market is always there for top end edge rushers. I know there was the Ravens 1st and a 3rd talk a week or so ago, but that was an overly optimistic Ravens site I think. Which would be an absolutely terrible gage for actual value

I’d do that in a heartbeat. Just so much better last year because it felt like the Rams weren’t going to be a good team. Luckily for them they actually had a good draft even without a first round pick.

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

So I’m split on the Burns trade, he defiantly ain’t worth what he’s asking but we literally do not have a single reliable pass rusher on this team other than him. Yeah 2 first for him sound nice. But I’m still not sure I’d want to trade him for that right now. 

Yeah. What the fug would we do to find a replacement? Draft one? That may or may not strike gold?  Pass rushers don't grow on trees. Burns is a damn good one too. 

6 hours ago, Growl said:

yeah there’s this weird narrative of “trading away stuff is how things got so bad”

the front office-either this one or the next- is going to be operating under the practical expectation that this is a young team, not a bad one. 

they need to be building. The only people who believe things should be completely torn down to the foundation are people who had flawed, emotional expectations for where a team with a rookie QB and an entirely new coaching staff should be 

If you are operating under the assumption this is a "young team, not a bad one" then that is the problem. There is very little in the way of young core talent. The two biggest examples of talent are Burns and Brown. Neither of those guys is likely to be in Panthers uniforms in two seasons. 

Make no mistake, this is an extremely bad team with a perilously little amount of talent.

If you want to dig out of a hole like we are in, the answer is not consistently trading away draft capital for players. As a very bad franchise, the only thing we really have that is worth anything is our draft capital.

The is the sole hope of getting better. Trying to add free agents at above market rates is very far from the answer. Trading away draft capital for disgruntled players is very far from the answer.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Burns would never garner 2 1st's. That is an insane price for someone like him. That was a once in a lifetime haul that we will never see again.

The reality is that we might get a first rounder for him if we are lucky. Has nothing to do with his talent level. His contract is ending and he wants a fuging pile of money(literally driven by the haul we turned down for him). All anyone has to do is wait it out. He'll either be moved due to holding out in the next couple of seasons or he'll be a free agent.

100% of our leverage with him and on the trade market is gone. We mis-played our hand and now every player at the table sees our cards.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, PayTheMan519 said:

I'm personally conflicted on what this team should do, but our current situation over the last handful of seasons has shown that we CANNOT draft very well, so is trading picks really the worst thing? 

That isn't a sustainable situation. You will be forever awful if you fail in the draft consistently. That issue must be remedied or we will never make it out of the NFL cellar.

• Pie 3

6 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Need depth and if they keep the zone scheme, they need players that fit it instead of the road grading maulers the Panthers currently have.

Depth doesn't play unless the starters get hurt on the o line. O line has been healthy outside the guard spots. We are pretty invested at center and the tackle positions. We arent just gonna swap those guys out and find scheme fitting guys by next  season along with other needs.

3 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Depth doesn't play unless the starters get hurt on the o line. O line has been healthy outside the guard spots. We are pretty invested at center and the tackle positions. We arent just gonna swap those guys out and find scheme fitting guys by next  season along with other needs.

Funny that our last coaching staff somehow got all these guys that are looking like hammered dogshit to play very well.

Maybe all it takes is simply looking at the pieces on your chess board and realizing that having them in pass sets for 40+ snaps a game doesn't really suit them.

We build a road grading OL. Let them line up and physically dominate people.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Burns would never garner 2 1st's. That is an insane price for someone like him. That was a once in a lifetime haul that we will never see again.

The reality is that we might get a first rounder for him if we are lucky. Has nothing to do with his talent level. His contract is ending and he wants a fuging pile of money(literally driven by the haul we turned down for him). All anyone has to do is wait it out. He'll either be moved due to holding out in the next couple of seasons or he'll be a free agent.

100% of our leverage with him and on the trade market is gone. We mis-played our hand and now every player at the table sees our cards.

I don't believe this. We'll get at least a first. Young effective edge rushers aren't a dime a dozen. We'll get at least a first and a second if not two firsts.

Edited by top dawg