• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Adam Thielen able to get open?

Ricky Prickles

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

Shouldnt they all know those? Thats their only job and paid quite well. I just dont understand this

In a vacuum they probably know the routes and playbook but when the defense switches things up live probably not thinking fast enough to adapt to the correct decision. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because we've moved him to the slot to get him away from outside CBs and matched up with nickels, safeties, and LBs. He's still a smart m, efficient route runner and now he's being covered by second and third tier cover guys.

Interesting, I never thought about that. So basically are other guys just stink or dont care perhaps since most every other teams outside guys can get open and catch passes. And while im at it, who the heck does TMJ think he is going to go to that will actually help him when he doesnt even appear to want to help himself? Another team in another city will not create heart and desire to catch some damn footballs i do not believe.

13 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Shouldnt they all know those? Thats their only job and paid quite well. I just dont understand this

It was a tongue in cheek reply, but there have been times when I have seen TMJ and Mingo look like they don't know the routes they are supposed to run or how to adjust (sit down in a zone, or know they are the "hot" route) to the defense.  Same thing applies to our TEs.

Thielen is an NFL WR with the experience.  Maybe Mingo can get there, I don't think TMJ cares enough to.

14 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Interesting, I never thought about that. So basically are other guys just stink or dont care perhaps since most every other teams outside guys can get open and catch passes. And while im at it, who the heck does TMJ think he is going to go to that will actually help him when he doesnt even appear to want to help himself? Another team in another city will not create heart and desire to catch some damn footballs i do not believe.

TMJ and Mingo were both basically just height/weight/speed measurable upside picks. They were both developmental type picks, not plug and play guys. We needed guys ready to suit up and play, not raw upside guys.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1