• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locked On Panthers Trade Deadline Primer with Mike Kaye

jayboogieman

Just now, 45catfan said:

Yup, they got handled yesterday too.  If they think an good edge rusher can get their defense off the field, they should pick up the phone.  They have an additional 3rd rounder this draft too.  A 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd in 2025 (last part of the trade this year) that would work for me.

Yep it's clear as day they need another pass rusher. If we could get them to crack under pressure they might just give us 2 1st.

Should be fun watching this play out. Hell we might can create a bidding war for Burns at the deadline. All it takes is 2 teams.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I rather have 2 1st. But the proposal you made is probably more likely.

Just feels unlikely they'd give up two firsts when they have to pay both Hutch and Burns, will need some cheap players. I think they're more likely to wash their hands of Jameson Williams given the offense is fine without him and replace him with a cheap vet like Chark who has familiarity with the system to fill that role. For the Panthers, a good buy-low candidate, remember he would've been a top 10 pick (still went 12th) if he hadn't torn his ACL in the CFP and he's got familiarity with Bryce, perfect guy to pair Bryce with to grow and have to bank on talent/pedigree. It's a risk but a calculated one. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Ugh, listened to the entire thing only to get to the trade remarks at the very end, the only reason I clicked play in the first place.

If there is ANY market for TMJ, D-Jax or Burns, then it should be entertained.  Anyone thinking we are going to go on some miraculous run is delusional.  At best we take 2 of the next 3 games and possibly another couple by season's end.  Again, if 5 wins is the absolute best we can hope for at this point, then we should be in full sell mode. Get as much draft capital as possible and offload the heavy cap burden for the future.

The staff tried to be piece together a veteran team around Bryce and failed.  The new plan should be get young guys to grow along with Bryce.  Yes, that means probably a long 2024 season too, but we tried the alternative and are sitting at 0-6.   Get a young core of players that could make some noise in a couple of years while making strides next year.  That I could live with.

Jim szoke was on Mac and bone today fluffing the sunshine for sure.  This is worse then the damn Iraqi info minister and feels like the oriole situation 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I rather have 2 1st. But the proposal you made is probably more likely.

What if I told you a team was prepared to give us not 1 but 2 firsts?  But wait there's more. How about a 2nd on top of that?  What if I told you that team is starting roughly half rookies?

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jim szoke was on Mac and bone today fluffing the sunshine for sure.  This is worse then the damn Iraqi info minister and feels like the oriole situation 

What's going to happen is the next 3 games is the easiest stretch the rest of the season and we might win one--possibly two of them.  The sunshine committee will be out in full force to say "see,we told you so" only for the team to go right back into a tailspin when the schedule stiffens up again.

• Beer 1

CAROLINA PANTHERS CB DONTE JACKSON  DETROIT LIONS

• Trade compensation: 2024 fourth-round pick, 2025 sixth-round pick
  • Contract acquired: Two years, $12,222,500 ($600,000 guaranteed)

Carolina restructured Jackson’s deal this offseason, converting $7,642,500 in salary into a bonus to drop his 2023 salary down to the minimum. The Panthers are dealing with a myriad of secondary injuries, including to 2021 eighth-overall pick cornerback Jaycee Horn, but Jackson’s name has come up as a potential trade piece for the only remaining winless team in the NFL.

Jackson has played in various different schemes over the past few seasons and should be able to adapt to Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn’s scheme, which has also continued to evolve around the talent in Detroit. Jackson has earned coverage grades between 55.0 and 70.0 in six straight seasons, a consistent presence in the secondary.

Fellow Panthers cornerback and former top-10 pick C.J. Henderson is also in a contract year and could be moved for cheap. There is the issue of a lack of depth at outside cornerback in Carolina, but they could find replacements to finish out the season and build around Horn moving forward.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-10-more-trades-nfl-teams-should-make-2023-trade-deadline

11 hours ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I finally quit listening to the Roaring Riot podcast with Ellis. He couldn’t make a negative comment without prefacing it with an apology or something positive. It was obvious he was too close to the team to be able to give an honest assessment. I have no use for someone like that who appeases the owner and “positive vibes only” crowd. I haven’t listen to him this season, but I could probably tell you exactly he’s been saying each week. 

Tonight’s episode focused on the history of early tenures for Panthers coaches, a film based roasting of Carolina’s woeful run defense, a 30min Q&A session w Panthers fans… You’re probably picking up on the fact that I genuinely liked their process back in the spring, I did like the staff. I was always skeptical about the lack of depth, and I have continued to mention the imperfections from Fitterer (Miles Sanders among others).

I’m not doubting you’re sincerity, re: feedback, and I’m sure there’s something you’re hearing that makes you feel I have changed. 

I don’t take myself too seriously— always aim to keep a light-hearted side active with the work I do.  I don’t think it’s healthy to plow through a half-decade stretch of this self-imposed DIY SOME SUSTAINED SUCCESS THE F*CKIN’ HARD WAY nonsense without a little bit levity. 

So, look, if there’s a change in my presentation that’s catching your ear, and it’s not in alignment with your expectations for Carolina Panthers, coverage and analysis, I consider that constructive, and I certainly buy you the perspective of those who take the time to listen to my work.

Having credentials is a big deal for the work I do, it’s nothing I take lightly. I have a lot of people I think personally for helping me grow my little rinky-dink podcast back in 2019. But I can assure you one thing: I am the same person I was a year ago.

I’ve gained 10 pounds, so, that’s a lie. 

Nothing in my presentation indicates a partnership or arrangement with the franchise., or their public relations team, or the owner himself. I have complemented their media relations team, maybe you heard that. I was just being nice.

I gotta work on that lol. 

Pod: 
https://x.com/1pantherplace/status/1716616391078424668?s=46&t=nmNdeG0SJoXKk-LrboSuDw

Film Room: Bad Tackling…and more! 

https://x.com/1pantherplace/status/1716487321569067425?s=46&t=nmNdeG0SJoXKk-LrboSuDw

IMG_1855.jpeg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2