• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49er fans calling for wilks head!!

Sean Payton's Vicodin

3 hours ago, methodtoll said:

For me- I don't hate Wilks by no means and I think he is a good defensive coach but I do feel like his record last season was way overblown.

Had they won the last game against Tampa Bay, I feel like he would have probably won the HC position but quite honestly, I feel like neither should be HCs and we should've gone the "young offensive mind" route. 

How was the record overblown?

He has us in position to make the playoffs. Do people realize we were headed for the #1 pick if we kept Rhule all season?

Then the players actually vouched for him to return. The team had a different feeling and Tepper said no thanks give me the HC who got fired from Indy.

This is the Tepper way.

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yep.  That system he's in is so QB friendly that that is all the QB has to do in order to win games.  If they ever get an actual superstar QB in that system, with that roster, they might go undefeated lol. 

Dude has all pro weapons at RB/WR/TE and the best LT in football in Trent Williams.

Can you imagine an actual elite QB having all that?

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Dude has all pro weapons at RB/WR/TE and the best LT in football in Trent Williams.

Can you imagine an actual elite QB having all that?

Thats what I'm saying.  The only really good QB Shannahan has ever had is Matt Ryan, and he won the MVP and they almost won the Super Bowl.  I know I have been joking around about Darnold here, but I truly believe Darnold would shine in SF's system right now, and would be WAY more productive than Purdy.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, joemac said:

Thats what I'm saying.  The only really good QB Shannahan has ever had is Matt Ryan, and he won the MVP and they almost won the Super Bowl.  I know I have been joking around about Darnold here, but I truly believe Darnold would shine in SF's system right now, and would be WAY more productive than Purdy.  

Honestly I wanted to see Darnold start. Imagine if Darnold/Wilks went on to win a SB after Tepper got rid of them both.

Would have been hilarious.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

People around here used to complain about McDermott.

Not that much though.  Many also wanted to hire him over Rivera during that coaching cycle.  The "what if" scenario there would be interesting if we hired McD instead of Rivera with McD brought in.  He may have been too young at the time but his future as a HC was kind of how Evero is for us coming in.  Makes you wonder.  

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He has us in position to make the playoffs. Do people realize we were headed for the #1 pick if we kept Rhule all season?

Then the players actually vouched for him to return. The team had a different feeling and Tepper said no thanks give me the HC who got fired from Indy.

This is the Tepper way.

His D looked worse and he just went to power running on offense which was the lowest hanging fruit Rhule avoided like the plague. Good guy but he makes a better interim than HC. He isn't even really a good DC. He is one of those guys who you want to succeed but he just won't in reality. He absolutely got the guys behind him, that is his best strength, but that also isn't enough as a HC. I would much rather have had another year of Wilks but I doubt he would have survived more than a year with his skill set. Hell Reich shouldn't survive this year beyond the 'more time' BS while they kill another season giving him more rope proving what he has been for years. 

They should have gone Steichen or begged Johnson to build an empire here. Those were the only 2 good options this offseason for the Panthers. 

Wilks is going to take more blame then he should as an easy target out in SF but he is also earning enough himself because that was a stupid call for a DC let alone a coach that has handled HC duties before. 

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

His D looked worse and he just went to power running on offense which was the lowest hanging fruit Rhule avoided like the plague. Good guy but he makes a better interim than HC. He isn't even really a good DC. He is one of those guys who you want to succeed but he just won't in reality. He absolutely got the guys behind him, that is his best strength, but that also isn't enough as a HC. I would much rather have had another year of Wilks but I doubt he would have survived more than a year with his skill set. Hell Reich shouldn't survive this year beyond the 'more time' BS while they kill another season giving him more rope proving what he has been for years. 

They should have gone Steichen or begged Johnson to build an empire here. Those were the only 2 good options this offseason for the Panthers. 

Wilks is going to take more blame then he should as an easy target out in SF but he is also earning enough himself because that was a stupid call for a DC let alone a coach that has handled HC duties before. 

If you feel this way about Wilks then you must think Frank is the worst HC in history?

Some of you guys hate Wilks more than Rhule/Frank and that makes no sense to me. Wilks was a better HC than both combined.

Some of you are just like Tepper and you don't even realize it. It's okay to admit Wilks was a better HC than both Rhule/Frank. Don't hate the guy who actually had us playing for a playoff birth. If Wilks was the HC the entire season then we easily make the playoffs. 

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is a sad and pathetic thread and proves some people just hated Wilks.

Before this game people were talking about the 49ers like they were the best team in football. Now that they lose without 2 of their top 5 players Trent/Deebo you chose to make a topic about Steve Wilks.

OP couldn't wait to make this topic. He been waiting for Wilks to lose a few games.lmao

Meanwhile we are the worst team in football and Frank hasn't won a game since we hired him over wilks. You guys should think before you make these dumb topics.

I'm glad we didn't hire Wilks, but not glad that we hired Reich. 

One more thing: the OP basically insinuated that we should've hired Wilks, so I think that you may have been barking up the wrong tree with your response.

Just like Reich is what he is, Wilks is what he is---both too 1980s-ish for my liking.

For the record, I think that Wilks is a decent DC, so I think 49er fans are just being reactionary to another loss. 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is the Tepper way.

You do realized that the majority of the teams we faced were below .500.... How many were actually playoff teams?

Again, the record was overblown.

4 hours ago, Varking said:

Bosa vs Burns isn’t even a debate. Burns has been more durable and that’s it. Bosa is a better rusher. He’s better against the run. Doesn’t require as much assistance to make a tackle and has sacked the QB more ( finishing plays ) than Burns despite 12 less games. Burns has gotten ten sacks once. Bosa went over 15 twice. 

Didn’t say Burns was better. 

It was a joke about how hyperbolic people are with their takes on Burns. 

My opinion is that Bosa is the better and more well rounded DE. 

He’s also on a far better team that wins games. 

If Bosa was on this 0-6 team, negativity would pick apart his game too and exaggerate his weaknesses and downplay his strengths…just like with Burns. 

You can disagree, but it’s ridiculous how people rip Burns apart when he doesn’t beat his man every down…when Bosa; an even more elite player (and Garrett, and Peppers, and White, and Deacon Jones, etc), also, clearly don’t win a lot. It’s the NFL. The tackles are great too. 

People just don’t appreciate what they have until it’s gone. Peppers was lazy and took plays off…now “Burns ain’t no Peppers.”

He isn’t Bosa, Peppers, or anyone else. But he’s Burns…and he’s a damn good player. 

50 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If you feel this way about Wilks then you must think Frank is the worst HC in history?

Some of you guys hate Wilks more than Rhule/Frank and that makes no sense to me. Wilks was a better HC than both combined.

Some of you are just like Tepper and you don't even realize it. It's okay to admit Wilks was a better HC than both Rhule/Frank. Don't hate the guy who actually had us playing for a playoff birth. If Wilks was the HC the entire season then we easily make the playoffs. 

He is about the same. Wilks deserves respect but he isn't any better of a HC. Both are living in the past and neither was a good option.

Fanboy as hard as you want for Wilks, he is 100% a known quantity in the NFL. If Wilks was here he wouldn't be doing much more than Riech. It may not be fair Wilks is taking heat over Shanny but his D is worth the critisim it's getting.

Bring back Fox or Rivera is the same as bring bacl Wilks too me. Leave it all in the past where it belongs.

2 hours ago, App Panther said:

I selfishly hope Wilks is fired and offered the HC job at App St. He's been quoted as saying it's a dream job for him. He seems like the perfect fit for college as he's a great motivator. 

Missouri fans/alumni really weren't pleased during his 1 year there. 

But I can actually see Wilks being a better HC than DC frankly. 

30 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

You do realized that the majority of the teams we faced were below .500.... How many were actually playoff teams?

Again, the record was overblown.

My man he is not in control of the schedule. Just stop making excuses. We played much better football under Wilks. I had stopped watching games under Rhule it was that bad. Wilks gave this entire team hope.

Now we are stuck with a HC who might be worst than Rhule. This franchise is a joke and it all starts with Tepper the man who makes these decisions.