• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Wilks and the 49ers come calling?

jb2288

For Burns? At first thought it doesn’t make much sense, but thinking through A) Wilks connection B) paying Purdy nothing C) their wealth on draft picks this year D) absolutely in win now mode… does it make sense they could potentially be Burns shoppers? They would immediately have the most dominant d line in prob NFL history, but at the cost of having 100M+ locked up just in D Line

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If I was a betting man I would bet on the Lions as the team who trades for Burns.

Niners are contenders as is. Lions on the other hand need another pass rusher if they want to even be in the conversation vs the Niners/Eagles.

They have 2 third rounds as well. I think a 1/3 this year and a 2 or 3 next year would be fair to both sides 

17 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

For Burns? At first thought it doesn’t make much sense, but thinking through A) Wilks connection B) paying Purdy nothing C) their wealth on draft picks this year D) absolutely in win now mode… does it make sense they could potentially be Burns shoppers? They would immediately have the most dominant d line in prob NFL history, but at the cost of having 100M+ locked up just in D Line

No way.  They are already paying their 2 starting Edge rushers a combined 54 million dollars a year

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If I was a betting man I would bet on the Lions as the team who trades for Burns.

Niners are contenders as is. Lions on the other hand need another pass rusher if they want to even be in the conversation vs the Niners/Eagles.

I could see it.

Stanley manhandled Hutchinson this weekend.  That Ravens OL is coming together at a good time for Lamar and whatever RB they're starting.  

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Na cus then they'd be paying Burns and Hutchinson a boatload of money 

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Good players get paid. Just because we aren't willing to pay Burns doesn't mean other franchises wont.

Yup. How about we pay our best pass rusher who is entering his prime with a contract that lasts the length of Young’s rookie contract. 

Burns is one of the few players worth watching. We’ve already given away the two most entertaining offensive guys. 

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Yup. How about we pay our best pass rusher who is entering his prime with a contract that lasts the length of Young’s rookie contract. 

Burns is one of the few players worth watching. We’ve already given away the two most entertaining offensive guys. 

Its sad people think trading all of our best players away is cool.

It's also funny they ignore the players we are drafting with those picks are not good players. Pretty soon we will have a roster full of nobodies. Then people will start missing our former stars CMC/Moore/Burns etc...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The questions are how much do you pay him and does he still want to be here?

I think the first part is the rub for most. I can't see paying him more than maybe $25-26/mil. He will likely want $30 mil or more. 

The second part we will know soon enough, I figure.

If the team doesn't think they can get a deal done, you gotta try and move him. Otherwise he walks and you get literally nothing.

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Last year "We need a QB, fug it, Im willing to trade our best reciever to get a QB"

*Get QB*

This year "Our receivers suck, Im willing to trade our best Edge rusher so we can get a legit WR"

I think yall know what we'll be saying next year.  Its the circle of life as a panthers fan.  

I hear you and it sucks. but first thing we need to do is get some talent around bryce. we will unfortunately have to sacrifice what defensive progress we've made to do that.

Blame Fit for not doing anything with the CMC return and wasting so many assets.

• Pie 1