• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

18 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

All this league wide trade build-up all these player apparently available for trade you know damn well the deadline is gonna come and go and very few trades will actually go down. 

Its up to Fitter to trade Burns since he refused to give him the extension he so deserved! And if he doesn't, he's walk for nothing. What a clown this guy is.

Trade Burns for Jamo NOW!!!!

https://sidelionreport.com/posts/3-players-the-detroit-lions-could-trade-for-to-bolster-lagging-pass-rush/3

https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lions/brian-burns-jameson-williams-nfl-rumors/

It's a WIN WIN for both sides to fill a BIG NEED!!!  DO IT FITTER!!!!

• Beer 1

Some updates yesterday from the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/5007267/2023/10/28/nfl-week-8-news-trade-deadline/

2. The Eagles want to make another move even after adding safety and five-time Titans captain Kevin Byard. I expect Howie Roseman to be busy Monday morning. He’s poking around at linebacker.

3. The Baltimore Ravens are looking to add a running back, the Cleveland Browns are looking to add a receiver and the Buffalo Bills are scanning the cornerback market. The Washington Commanders are listening to offers on Chase Young and Montez Sweat. They want a second-rounder but have only received offers in the third-round range.

And SF is working the phones for a pass rusher and cornerback.  Jaylon Johnson CB CHI or Montez Sweat in WAS could be targets.  Think guys like those two sound like ones that could be on the move.  Not much expected on the big name front but if WAS loses today, Young could finally be out of there.  

47 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Prediction: we trade a late pick for a big RB. Cheap way for a big improvement. Right now this is a big deal on short yardage plays not having a single QB or RB that can move a pile. 

Crazy, I thought I was the only one seeing this.  As much of a train wreck this offense is, the RB group as a whole is largely overlooked.  Sanders is getting his fair share of flack, but leaning on Hubbard as your bell cow is frightening as heck.

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Crazy, I thought I was the only one seeing this.  As much of a train wreck this offense is, the RB group as a whole is largely overlooked.  Sanders is getting his fair share of flack, but leaning on Hubbard as your bell cow is frightening as heck.

Maybe we could trade for that Donte Foreman dude. I hear he can move a pile and he might even pair well with Chuba.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

They are getting group tackled 5 yards behind the LOS.  The OL is a much bigger issue than RBs.  Give Chuba an actual hole and he will be more than capable the be the lead back this year.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They are getting group tackled 5 yards behind the LOS.  The OL is a much bigger issue than RBs.  Give Chuba an actual hole and he will be more than capable the be the lead back this year.

I'm going to have to disagree.  He lacks vision.  There's times where he misses a lane and runs right up the backside of a linemen.  I give him credit, he's better than he used to be, but he's still not the guy you want as your RB1.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

I'm going to have to disagree.  He lacks vision.  There's times where he misses a lane and runs right up the backside of a linemen.  I give him credit, he's better than he used to be, but he's still not the guy you want as your RB1.

I don't want him as the RB of our future or anything but I think he is capable to hold down the position with Blackshear this year while we are working on developing our offense.  We could honestly have an undrafted rookie next year look better than our whole group.  On a side note maybe Cohen can get some playing time in the next couple games.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't want him as the RB of our future or anything but I think he is capable to hold down the position with Blackshear this year while we are working on developing our offense.  We could honestly have an undrafted rookie next year look better than our whole group.  On a side note maybe Cohen can get some playing time in the next couple games.  

I’m ok with Chubba as part of a tandem. But the problem we have is 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, or anything at the goal line, we don’t have someone to get that yard. We had the same problem with CMC. We need a big RB. 

Just now, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I’m ok with Chubba as part of a tandem. But the problem we have is 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, or anything at the goal line, we don’t have someone to get that yard. We had the same problem with CMC. We need a big RB. 

We need some snaps under center. Our OL isn’t looking good run blocking out of shotgun. Some under center I formation snaps with a lead blocker could help this OL run block. Plus you can ran a PA bootleg with Young to set up some long shots as well. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1