• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would fire Reich at 0-7

On 10/26/2023 at 6:08 PM, *FreeFua* said:

Anyone with a brain could’ve looked at our schedule and knew 4 straight losses was a very real possibility weeks 3 through 6. 

So my issue is how little they seemed to make use of the preseason. Reich is a notorious slow starter yet he still didn’t bother to change anything. With so many new pieces, coaches/players it’s mind boggling how anyone could just piss away all those preseason games. 

Just zero urgency or awareness really 

The lack of urgency in preseason with all the new faces was a red flag for me. You have a rookie quarterback who needs to be on the field. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, ickmule said:

It didn’t look that way in Seattle. Dalton was moving the ball nicely. 

Verbatim from Anthony Rizzuti:

On Monday, head coach Frank Reich explained why his offense took more deep shots under backup Andy Dalton than they have under Bryce Young—and it’s not because the rookie is gun shy.

“I wouldn’t say that that was the case,” he replied when asked if Young hadn’t taken the same openings Dalton did on Sunday. “I probably called a few more. And there were one or two things that Andy specifically asked for, which I don’t wanna go into detail on. But there were a couple things that he specifically asked for.”

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/25/panthers-seahawks-week-3-2023-frank-reich-andy-dalton-bryce-young-deep-balls/

The more I read that, the more I really get nonplussed by Reich not spelling out what the other differences were.  

• The D 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Verbatim from Anthony Rizzuti:

On Monday, head coach Frank Reich explained why his offense took more deep shots under backup Andy Dalton than they have under Bryce Young—and it’s not because the rookie is gun shy.

“I wouldn’t say that that was the case,” he replied when asked if Young hadn’t taken the same openings Dalton did on Sunday. “I probably called a few more. And there were one or two things that Andy specifically asked for, which I don’t wanna go into detail on. But there were a couple things that he specifically asked for.”

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/25/panthers-seahawks-week-3-2023-frank-reich-andy-dalton-bryce-young-deep-balls/

The more I read that, the more I really get nonplussed by Reich not spelling out what the other differences were.  

Frank rhule

10 hours ago, Waldo said:

He could be one and done but there really isn't a positive in firing him before the end of the season. It's not like he is going to Urban Myers himself.

I get not being happy with Frank but he isn't close to the change worth seeing at this point IMO. Brown is already calling plays and they locked in this year months ago with some injuries to help it along. 

Yeah, whatever it would feel like for the fans it wouldn't look good to any other coach that might halfway consider us.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, whatever it would feel like for the fans it wouldn't look good to any other coach that might halfway consider us.

He gave up playcalling and that was the only in season thing hanging over him. Unless he loses the lockerroom or there is some scandle it's just a moot point.

If fans want blood then start at Fritts. I don't personally think Tepper is ready to admit anything yet but that's a move that can be justified even if you ignore the Teppers problem in that equation.

• Beer 1