• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn

raleigh-panther

It’s really a crap shoot with these type injuries.  One thing is certain, a lot of folks on here wouldn't have kept #58 around after back to back to back ACL tears.

if memory serves, he never missed another game due to injury (played in the SB with a broken arm though), and had several more pro bowl seasons.

The ones who’d have turned him loose would have missed out on having a solid linebacker…..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Is it ok for me to point out that I was pissed that we drafted Horn over Parsons? Or to point out many on here told me in many ways how stupid I was for saying that. 

(in fair disclosure it was because I thought Parsons would be the better overall player not that I expected Horn to be bad or injury prone)

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

A hammy injury since week 1 and he's still not better? smh

Believe it was mentioned he had gotten surgery on it so it was more than likely a torn hamstring. I'm assuming he misses both the Colts and Bears game and then has an outside shot at playing in week 11 vs the Cowboys. 

17 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Believe it was mentioned he had gotten surgery on it so it was more than likely a torn hamstring. I'm assuming he misses both the Colts and Bears game and then has an outside shot at playing in week 11 vs the Cowboys. 

Great. The Cowboys. That’s the game where he fuged his foot up last year. I believe it was a night game, and we had started out 3-1, and after that, the poo avalanche began. Correct some if I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, Mhedrick said:

It’s really a crap shoot with these type injuries.  One thing is certain, a lot of folks on here wouldn't have kept #58 around after back to back to back ACL tears.

if memory serves, he never missed another game due to injury (played in the SB with a broken arm though), and had several more pro bowl seasons.

The ones who’d have turned him loose would have missed out on having a solid linebacker…..

No need for the melodrama - most people still would have retained TD given that he signed a low-risk contract wiht only $8MM guaranteed for the $36MM, 5 year deal. There is always a financial point where risk and reward balance out, and that's why folks are saying that Horn's next contract should be incentive-laden. 

Question is, will a player like Horn accept that kind of deal if he continues to not be healthy? If not then yeah, the risk/reqard profile may not be right for Carolina and/or other teams. That's the reality of how it works.

14 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Can’t help but feel like the owners instance to sabotage his own players with artificial grass has directly and negatively impacted horns career

I think these hamstring things are because they ramp up too fast from lazy contact free install practices and being camp coddled, and they just are all of a sudden trying to play fast. 

But I have no credentials or facts to back up my opinion. 

Edited by stratocatter

33 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

Great. The Cowboys. That’s the game where he fuged his foot up last year. I believe it was a night game, and we had started out 3-1, and after that, the poo avalanche began. Correct some if I’m wrong 

You're thinking of the Texans game his rookie year, he broke his foot towards the end of that game just backpedaling I believe...also the same game where CMC pulled his hammy  

2 hours ago, Mhedrick said:

I was actually thinking the same thing. 

Horn's ability is not in question.  He IS an elite corner.  

The beginning of his career sure has been filled with some unfortunate injuries. 

The team still has another year with him no matter what. That means he still has time to show. 

Nobody on any Panther forum wanted to touch Thomas Davis after his past ACL.  Most were calling him soft, and injury prone, which is what gets thrown around to any player who suffers more than 1 injury in the NFL, not most physically demanding, sport in the USA.  ALL Davis did, was become one of the best at his position,  and nobody ever called him soft again. 

There is a lot to like about Horn.  I'm looking forward to him getting back out on the field. 

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Is it ok for me to point out that I was pissed that we drafted Horn over Parsons? Or to point out many on here told me in many ways how stupid I was for saying that. 

(in fair disclosure it was because I thought Parsons would be the better overall player not that I expected Horn to be bad or injury prone)

Hey Doc, you can say anything you want. Free country. Not sure what it means to still be saying that at this point though.  Just being Honest. 

Edited by pantherclaw

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I was right there with you. I'm a Penn State alumni and fan. It felt like fate that he'd be there shortly after Luke's retirement and I was surprised they passed him up. as @pantherclaw said above, it's a moot point now. And Horn does look like he could be a lockdown guy. Unfortunately, he's had terrible stretch of luck with injuries. Nobody could've predicted that. Let's hope the injury bug is done with him after this.