• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

- David Tepper has no business making any decisions whatsoever

First, most obvious, and unchanged is that David Tepper needs to completely remove himself from any and all decision making. Yes that includes who should be fired, especially if decisions have been made under his influence. I don't trust him to make a single decision without help. Which means...

until this and Nicole "baked you some cookies Bryce" Tepper are out of the day to day equation, nothing you mentioned above will matter. He may be a stock genius but he is HORRIBLE at running an NFL franchise

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

You lost me at we need to listen to Frank.

Listen to him for what? He doesn't do anything. He collects his paycheck and goes home to his family. His shows no emotion players don't seem to care and we play bad football every Sunday.

It's time to reset this entire franchise. Bring Harbaugh in and hand him the keys. That's the only hope I have for this franchise. Anything Tepper touches turns to poo.

• Pie 2

Tool the oline to its strengths and not Bryce's and the offense gets better. That might be at Bryces expense if he can't adapt but honestly I would take that and not look back. Go back to a power run game and see if they can coach Bryce up. It's basically what you saw from Wilks last year and likely whoever they brought in to replace this coaching crew unless it's more of the same.

I don't think there is enough skill, time or resources to build around Bryce with his needs. Just take what you have and try to salvage the rest. They have been operating on the inverse of that and it's 100% failure and it was all avoidable in the firdt place.

• Pie 2

When did the rumors about CJ Stroud and Reich come about? I distinctly remember articles where Reich and Fitt were both on Young as the top and I do recall hearing that while Reich liked Young the best, he also liked Richardson a lot before the draft. I remember this because it seemed like Stroud was out of the equation really early whether or not McCown wanted to play hoops with him. It seems to me that Reich preferring Stroud didn’t happen until well into the season after Young was meh, Richardson got hurt the first time and Stroud had a few great games, when the seats starting getting warm.

I truly don’t think Tepper forced Young on everybody. His point guard quotes came a couple months after Brown’s point guard mentions and as you said, Fitt in the draft process mentioning they had already zeroed in on Young a year before the draft and Fitt and Reich crowed about how sync they were at the start and end of their decisions again with no mention of Tepper at that point. People jumped on Tepper’s post draft interview explaining the choice of Young and the trading of Moore, which IMHO was spitting back out the reasonings Fitt and Co. gave him. Even the meetings with Frank were no big deal to me because that to me was a come to Jesus of why are we worse than Rhule and Wilks when he was promised a contender now that we had our QB.

That said, I don’t want Tepper making any future decisions either. Between Hurney staying, Rhule and Fitt hiring and Fitt staying, he’s bungled they key calls. If he’s helped out on personnel decisions, well he’s sucked there too.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and just last week was still defending Fitt and reich

I'm still defending Reich, but have thrown the towel in on Fitterer.  He had one last chance to fix some of his prior goofs by dealing Burns.   He stood firm, which means he's all in on this season of which to any other onlooker is a rolling dumpster fire on a collision course with a gas station pump.  Had he invested into the future by getting capital and admitting this season is toast, at least it would have shown ownership of said past errors.

Frank inherited this mess. He's not totally blameless, but he's a lot further down the totem pole in the blame game than the scouts, Fitterer and the Teppers.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

@Mr. Scot I hope you realize that you're about to be absolutely DRAGGED for espousing the very ideas that you have been condescendingly trying to shout down folks for voicing for the past weeks and months.

Dragged maybe, but mostly by people who have nothing to say except "everything sucks". Likewise, I doubt they're going to take the time to actually read them and they or may not understand what they're reading if they do.

Also to be clear, I'm not doing that at all.

The biggest problem in the folks on here is insisting they know a thing is that they actually don't. I'm talking about things I don't know versus things I do. Likewise, I'm coming to conclusions after weeks of discussion, not the first quarter of a preseason game.

I get that people want to be able to say they were the first ones to say something. I find that kinda dumb.

I'm always going to take time to consider my opinions.

• Pie 1