• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No one has a long Leash (including Reich)

ncfan

The bottom line is that nobody the fan base will be happy with as our HC will want to put their HC future on the line with 2nd year Bryce with how he's looked this year.

That's an unavoidable fact.

Because we don't have our 1st round pick this year, we also can't move on from Bryce after just 1 season no matter how bad the rest of the season goes.

We're basically the 2021 Texans right now, but worse because we don't have our draft picks or Watson to dangle out there in a trade for a haul of first round picks.

And they ended up having to settle for Lovie freaking Smith because no quality candidate would touch that job with a 10 foot pole.

Bringing back Reich is the lesser of two evils as much as people don't like or want to admit it.

31 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

And this right here is why emotional fans are a franchise's kryptonite.

This thing won't be fixed overnight, it won't be one offseason of moves to make us contenders.  

If you can't handle a proper rebuild and struggling for a few years while doing so, then give up your PSL's and season tickets, because what you want isn't going to happen.

The best path forward for long term success is to struggle for a few seasons.  And I don't say that in regards of getting the high draft picks because of it (although that does help in the rebuild).  But it's that we have far too many problems to fix with not enough current foundational players or draft picks to get it done in one offseason.

Trying to fix it all to be competitive in 2024 will only make things worse, look what just happened when we tried that this past offseason and it's only set us further back, so why do you think we're going to magically be able to fix it for next year?

We’re in the fifth year of the rebuild, I am sick of rebuilding. Don’t expect my cash if the product is consistently the worst football in the NFL. It’s very possible we have 2-3 straight years of the worst record in the NFL

Edited by TN05

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Deuce would work!  He would absolutely have this team playing fired up similar to Pierce in LV right now and what Wilks did for us last year.  Give him 2024 to put his stamp on the roster and see what he can do.  If all else fails we can do a full reset in 2025.  

The problem with that is Deuce has been a very hot up and coming name in recent years.

If I'm him, I wouldn't do that.

None of this stink falls back on him because he's not the OC and it's Reich's offense anyways.

But if he were to do that and then we suck next year, it would ruin everything he's tried to build up the last few years and may never get another HC opportunity after that.

If we fire Reich, we're looking at either another re-tread HC, or a second tier level candidate who wasn't expecting to be in line for any HC job this offseason and just wanted to jump the line.

1 minute ago, TN05 said:

We’re in the fifth year of the rebuild, I am sick of rebuilding. Don’t expect my cash if the product is consistently the worst football in the NFL

Sunk cost

Just because you're frustrated at the last 5 years doesn't mean it can be fixed overnight.

The hard cold truth is that right now, this franchise is in a total rebuild at the moment, nothing we've done in the last 5 years has contributed to our future at the moment, it's only dug us a deeper hole to get out of.

If that means you're not willing to keep spending money on the franchise, I can't blame you, but wanting them to make changes for the sake of making changes is just cutting off your nose to spite your face when those changes don't help move the franchise forward.

It sucks, I get it, I don't like it, but it's the reality of the Panthers current situation, no way around it.

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We can fix all this by going after Jim Harbaugh. Watch him end up with the Chargers and they go on to win a SB.

Harbaugh has a meal ticket in Michigan right now and he's not leaving that for Carolina in our current situation unless the NCAA is going to nail him. But if that's the case, there's also much more lucrative jobs where he can choose his QB than this one. Other than salary, not a lot to bring him here. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Harbaugh has a meal ticket in Michigan right now and he's not leaving that for Carolina in our current situation unless the NCAA is going to nail him. But if that's the case, there's also much more lucrative jobs where he can choose his QB than this one. Other than salary, not a lot to bring him here. 

Yeah, Harbaugh here is a pipe dream, and not a very good one. He's not really built for the pros.

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We can fix all this by going after Jim Harbaugh. Watch him end up with the Chargers and they go on to win a SB.

No, a million times no

Harbaugh can be a great coach in the right situation, this isn't one of them.

He's more of a Deion Sanders or Urban Meyer type of coach, needs to be in the right situation to succeed and it's one of two things, college kids or a fully built out NFL roster with an elite QB.

We're neither

His schtick just doesn't work well with grown men who make 10's of millions of dollars, he's a motivator more than a coach.  And there is nothing wrong with that, it's a style of coaching that can be very successful with the right team around them, but it's not meant for a rebuilding NFL franchise.

17 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The bottom line is that nobody the fan base will be happy with as our HC will want to put their HC future on the line with 2nd year Bryce with how he's looked this year.

Because we don't have our 1st round pick this year, we also can't move on from Bryce after just 1 season no matter how bad the rest of the season goes.

We're basically the 2021 Texans right now, but worse because we don't have our draft picks or Watson to dangle out there in a trade for a haul of first round picks.

And they ended up having to settle for Lovie freaking Smith because no quality candidate would touch that job with a 10 foot pole.

Bringing back Reich is the lesser of two evils as much as people don't like or want to admit it.

Does next years coach get a 1 year grace period? Because if so this could be a somewhat attractive job since we are well on our way to having the 1st overall pick in 2025. 

This roster/team is so bad. Right now I feel pretty confident saying we’ll have a top 3 pick in 2025. With a little tanking we could easily attain the 1st overall pick again. 

Kind of similar to Gannon in Zona this year. Everyone knew Zona would be competing for that number 1 pick. 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

A) he literally called tepper last year about interest in the job

B)he has a .70 win percentage in the nfl with a super bowl appearance  what in the holy hell are you talking about

He also had guys on his successful winning team ready to mutiny because of how he treated them.

Harbaugh's personality is pretty similar to Josh McDaniels when it comes to how he reacts to players. That's why he can do well in college where there's constant turnover.

In the pros? You might get a short-term flash from him like the Niners did, but if you're looking for a long-term winner it's not gonna be Jim Harbaugh.

John on the other hand...